Quantcast

Comin' to Portland - who wants to ride? where?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, it looks like another bit of travel for work this summer that I can turn into a bike trip. :happydance:

I'm heading to Portland the week of July 16th. I'll probably pull into town a few days early (Friday the 13th) with my BottleRocket and get a rental truck. I'll probably head out Sunday the 22nd.

Post up some trail suggestions and let me know if you can guide me. Post up or PM.
:monkey:

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
I am heading out there around the same time...my trip is going to consist of Blackrock and some south sea tec when I make the drive to seattle. I also hear Skappose is supposed to be fun...

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Def possible...I am locking down the exact dates with my girl hopefully by next week. We had a few days in oregon then driving up to seattle for a couple. I will keep you posted...I can also send youa few links later of some places I did some research on

now just trying to get some ride time down here in what is supposed to be sunny south florida...still havent even had a chance to give the BR a good run

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Yea post canyon looks sick..I just had a few days so I am opting for black rock since my GF is coming and I didnt want to scare the SH** out of her...I saw some pretty big things from pics @ Post Canyon...but looked super fun

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yea post canyon looks sick..I just had a few days so I am opting for black rock since my GF is coming and I didnt want to scare the SH** out of her...I saw some pretty big things from pics @ Post Canyon...but looked super fun
There are really only 3 'big' features at post canyon along the main shuttle routes.

I haven't ridden blackrock yet but the majority of the features at post are actually pretty tame.

I just recommended it because unless you go on a shuttle day at blackrock, you could potentially get more riding in at post.

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
i wish I had more time I would love to do both...you have any info on south seat tec....that just seems like bottlerocket heaven

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
SST is a good spot. i hit that w/ MotoKing a few years back. i'm not gonna make it up to Seattle until September. i probably won't ride there much on that trip though (heading up to Whistler).

good to know about the Portland trails. keep the info coming.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
OK, it looks like Mt. Hood is gonna get a visit. The plan is shaping up to be Post Canyon/Mt. Hood on the 14th & 15th (saturday/sunday), then back to Portland for the work week, then head over to Tillamook 20/21st (friday/saturday) and head home saturday night/sunday morning.

Stun - you gunna be around for that?

other thoughts?

BTW - any thoughts on best places to stay and a good place to rent a truck (cheap is the best).

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
I may be changing but for now I had

Wednesday, July 18 - Black Rock
Friday, July 20 - South Seatec

This is a meet the fmaily & friends vacation so I was lucky to sneek 2 days of riding in which may end up being the week time I will keep you posted since I have not got my tickets yet

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Wassap boy!!

Not sure if you are interested, but Willamette Pass ski area is about 45 minutes east of Eugene, a bit of a drive from Portland, but they have some nice lift access runs (4-5) there, lots of different stuff to ride & hit, plus there is a race the weekend of the 14th/15. It's $15.00 a day from 10:00am to 7:00pm in an enclosed, alpine style gondola to ride, hard to beat!!

Oh yeah, plus I'll be there ; )

BTW, ya don't have to be signed up for the race to ride.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
damn it stu, it took you long enough. i sent you a pm and an email :)

i'll look into the drive and see if i can make it happen.

shoot me a pm with some contact info for ya.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
^^ sick! i'm looking at flights, car rentals and hotels right now. i think that will work well for me. i'll post up when i know more. keep the suggestions coming :thumb:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
guys get the scoop for me esp for bottlerocket riding i am going to be there around laborday for 10 days doing the whole pnw, north vancouver, whistler, squamish thing...

I am ending my trip in portland so take pics and let me know where the spots are.

_Bill

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
ture about blackrock without a shuttle it is a lot of hiking but post is a tough shuttle and unless you have 2 cars forget it!

if you can hook up with someone who knows the true dealio and will take you to Wildcat that is pretty sweet. The guys there are like Surf Punks who get all carzee you are inavading their trails but if you are with someone who knows them and you do not ruin the berms you are GOOD TO GO!

PS I can not blame them for the way they act cuz they put a lot of time into the place but it is public land.....

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Browns Camp looks interesting wouldnt mind giving that a go.

For the people out west: Since I have never been there and coming from the flatlands...Are goggles preffered or will sungless be fine? I dont know how dusty or how it gets out that way

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Wildcat is dead. The guy who built the trails there torn them down. The gate got locked for good and it was a bitzh to hike. Post Canyon is where I would go.

That place had so much work into it, the shuttle was short and you could ride so many different trails. I almost think you are saying this because you became a part of their nazi crew and do not want anyone going there.....

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Any plans finalized? I am def going to be there between the 17th to the 323rd just have to figure out which days are riding and what days I will be in portland and seattle

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
flight plans - in saturday the 14th in the morning. riding 14th 15th & 16th @ places yet unknown. i've got a call in to one or two locals for some dirt. i'll be working 17th-19th. i'll be able to ride in the evenings though. i'll be free to ride the 20th and the 21st for the morning, as my flight out is that saturday in the evening. do you have any locations nailed down? if so, i'll work my plans around you. i'm trying to get to post canyon and mt. hood for a day or two.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm getting close to the departure date. any last minute takers? any last minute advice?

Stun - shoot me a pm with you # so we can chat about ride plans.

Killo - i'm looking forward to some PNW DH.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Adam,

Sorry dude, my phone went ****ty on me and messages dont always get to me on time.

It's looking like I will be in whistler for Crankworx.

I will keep you posted, I will call next week.

3Pin Rider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
PNW
Mandown. This is your old room mate from Shandro's camp. I just relocated to the PNW and am down for riding this weekend. I sent you a PM.