Quantcast

commencal

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I hear if you scratch one, a big buff guy will pull up in a black suburban in front of your house and beat you up.

Really. I'm not kidding either.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
its going to be hard to find reviews on it,
reason being is the distributor has just started bringing Commencal to North America this year, they have not been available in the past, so you may want to try some european forums for more results

i know we have already spoken and i gave you my review of it so far, the bike rips, very stable at speed, yet nimble in the tech and corners and its can be built up quite light (37.5lbs for one of the guys on out team)
its a pure racing machine with so much attention to detail i don't know how they sell it at such a good price

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
squarewheels said:
according to the UK site (looks like the US site isn't up and running yet), the dh frame is 1599 pounds, supreme6 is 850 pounds. that'd come out to 3 grand and 1600 if it's the going price in the states
The CDN distributor pricing isn't nearly that high. I'll try and find it..

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Fury said:
Yeah, that's retail. Orange pricing is retarded high - It's almost Nicolai high in Canada.
Ah ok, then it isnt so bad. If that was distributor cost..yikes.

Orange is really high on the handmade bikes (msisle, 223, and the xc model i cant remember). The rest are DIRT cheap, as they are all taiwanese made. Any good from the UK, made in the uk, SCREW us on taxes and import duties, as they mess with some obscure nafta rules apparently. Same goes for royal clothing etc. Softgood are especially high due to nafta regulations.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
They're actually decently affordable (over here) and one of the lightest DH frames around. Manufacturer's website states 7" of travel yet most reviews say it has 8" so I'm not sure on that one.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
as for the distributor, they are www.kmi.ca
frame only is $2700 CDN or $2000 USD
that price includes thompson seatpost, roox rollercoaster chain guide and 12mm rear hub, so it is way cheaper than many of the other top world cup DH rides when you take that into consideration