Quantcast

Computer Bully Of A Husband Needs Kick In His Hard Drive

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
DEAR ABBY: I'm confused about my husband's behavior. He is very smart and works as a computer programmer. Whenever I have a problem with my computer and ask him to help me with it, he gets mad and rants and raves about how he "told me how to fix the problem months ago," or insists that I really should "know" how to fix it or figure it out myself.

After years of feeling like a twit any time I asked for his help on computer-related problems, I started taking my computer to be professionally repaired or upgraded any time there was a problem. Then he started complaining to me for having it worked on when he could do the work himself!

I don't know what to do. If I ask for help, he gets mad and belittles me for not knowing how to fix it myself, but I get the same treatment if I have it done by someone else. Is there a way out of this no-win situation? -- DARNED IF I DO, DARNED IF I DON'T, SANFORD, FLA.

DEAR DARNED: By now it should be clear to you that your problem has nothing to do with computers. Your computer-whiz of a husband takes out his frustrations by verbally abusing you. The way out of this no-win situation is to get to the bottom of what's REALLY "bugging" him. My advice is to drag him to a marriage counselor or drop him before you're beaten down altogether.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
marriage counselor? Wouldn't it be cheaper for him to repair the computer while she's blowing him?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Why is she using the computer anyway? Who the hell told her she could leave the kitchen, except to go to the bedroom?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Fixing computers is not very hard. Like I had a trojan horse last year, and I spent two weeks researching start-up processes until I had found the correct one, which I killed.

Simple.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:
Why is she using the computer anyway? Who the hell told her she could leave the kitchen, except to go to the bedroom?
Exactly! And who the hell taught her to read?!:oink: