Quantcast

Concave flat pedals

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That is quite the thread bump.

I bought some Boomslangs a couple of months ago and they are super grippy but a bit small for me. Mine felt like they pressed the bearings in on the inner race, they are past the point where I would normally replace a bearing.
My Bennies got warrantied for bearings so these may too. Should have gone with the NumberNine 2 instead.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've switched to DMR Vaults Mg recently. The concave shape is nice and very comfortable but I keep smashing them into rocks more than thinner pedals.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Some update on Boomslang pedals. Inner bearings do not last that long, which on itself wouldn't be a problem, as the bearing is a standard sized one. But it is nearly impossible to get the cover/axle off without the stupid Spesh proprietary tool and that fucking tool is not available over here. A riding buddy of mine went to school with one of the Spesh reps over here and he told him straight away to bring the pedals to the next shop and tell them that they have to warranty it and he should refer to him (the rep). Problem was, I tried that route as well, the shop simply refused to do it first. So without that backup - no chance...

Pedals were half a year old btw.

Your personal xp may vary, but at least in Yrup it's a mess, again. Same like with Spesh frame bearing puller kit for dealers, which simply is not available.
Just drill the holes in the retaining ring a little bigger and use a pin spanner. Works fine.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
For the concave lovers... is there anyway to turn a truly flat pedal (ex. Deity Blade Runner) into something approaching "concave" by playing with pin height and location?

Edit, just looked and Blade Runners are not exactly flat, but the general question still stands.

Last edited: