Quantcast

Conditions at Annandel?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Hey North Bay monkies, I am thinking about riding Annandel this weekend and am wondering about conditions after all the recent rain. Seems like it would drain pretty well but just curious if anyone has been out there this week or in the past after days of deluge...?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was thinking all North Bay rides (except China Camp) would be off-limits for a while...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
From what I remember that place drains really well. I would bet it's ready to ride this w/e.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
yeah, DJ, the owner has been talking about updating that but sometimes things move a little slow. it's not their main priority.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
OGRipper said:
Hey North Bay monkies, I am thinking about riding Annandel this weekend and am wondering about conditions after all the recent rain. Seems like it would drain pretty well but just curious if anyone has been out there this week or in the past after days of deluge...?
I live in SR, but I haven't been up there in awhile.

Mud is fun though.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
OG, if you are looking for beer and grub post ride (not sure why you woulnd't be) check out 3rd street ale works. It's on 3rd street, across from the parking garage.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dfinn said:
OG, if you are looking for beer and grub post ride (not sure why you woulnd't be) check out 3rd street ale works. It's on 3rd street, across from the parking garage.
Is that place good? I drive by there once in awhile, not my scene though.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sweet, maybe we'll check it out.

H8R yeah mud is good, don't get me wrong, I just don't like riding super sensitive stuff when it's all soft.

Now excuse me I am meeting some friends for a Tamarancho night ride. :p

Seriously, H8R if we end up doing it I'll drop you a PM and maybe you can join us.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Sweet, maybe we'll check it out.

H8R yeah mud is good, don't get me wrong, I just don't like riding super sensitive stuff when it's all soft.

Now excuse me I am meeting some friends for a Tamarancho night ride. :p

Seriously, H8R if we end up doing it I'll drop you a PM and maybe you can join us.
Haven't you learned your lesson yet?

dfinn said:
yeah, DJ, the owner has been talking about updating that but sometimes things move a little slow. it's not their main priority.
Just bustin. We have the same picture hanging in my shop, but it is a cool shot so I won't be taking it down.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
H8R said:
Is that place good? I drive by there once in awhile, not my scene though.
Yes, food is good, beer is really good. When I lived in SR we also used to go to the mexi resteraunt that is right in that little area, I think it's called The Cantina. Great outdoor seating for when the weather is nice.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
looks like I'll be riding Annadel this weekend, can someone give me the lowdown as far a good route to start with? Something relatively basic would be best since I'm bringing the lady friend and she's a n00b. She's ridden De Laveaga here in SC a few times and done quite well (for reference to her skill level.)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
looks like I'll be riding Annadel this weekend, can someone give me the lowdown as far a good route to start with? Something relatively basic would be best since I'm bringing the lady friend and she's a n00b. She's ridden De Laveaga here in SC a few times and done quite well (for reference to her skill level.)
Map link:
http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/480/files/Annadel.pdf

Park on Channel Drive - on the map where you see a circle P and a circle TH.

Ride up channel to North Burma and follow that up to the Lake trail, then Rough Go, Orchard and ending in Cobblestone back to the car.

Mix and match from there as your energy permits.

supermachete

Chimp
Aug 28, 2007
the lawndale downhill is a super fun flowy single track, not to be missed in my book. also stop by a local shop and pick up one of those 360 maps-way better than the one they give out

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I was super excited to check out Annadel but unfortunately my bike had other ideas! Right smack in the middle of a mini-epic on Saturday morning my chainstays snapped leaving me stranded in the middle on Demonstration forest. Luckily I was able to make a sling for the frame out of derailleur housing and limp home about 15 miles or so.

I guess I'll have to ride A-Del next time I'm in SR. We went to Jack London park instead and checked out the cabins and did some minimal hiking.

Kevin G

Chimp
Jul 11, 2007
Fairfax, CA
Marsh is fun too; wide bits with some smooth and some super rocky sections for a mix of speed and technical. Lawndale on the other side is great too. From the central marsh area it's pretty much a downhill run through the trees and along the ridge.