Quantcast

Congrats Tomac

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Congratulations to Eli Tomac (son of John) for his first 250 AMA National overall win in his first pro race today at Hangtown. He could have had the first moto, but fell and ended up third. He backed it up in the second moto with the win and the overall. Good to see someone pressuring Pourcel and it looks like his dad steered him into the right sport.

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/hangtown-motocross-results.aspx

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Great to see a Tomac back at the top of the Dirt again.

also great to see BT back and riding well enough to get 6th in the 450 class, hope he stays healthy and kicks some Chad Reed arse :thumb:

Bubba still out huh or is he just wimping out again and not riding outdoors?

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
still recovering from injury/surgery
Bummer hes had a rough year, was it still his wrist or did he get another injury sometime during the year?

Suzuki has had a great year taking out the Super X.

Still looks like CR is back to his best, hope BT can take on off him though ateast.

No Villipotto either:(

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was watching that, and I was like, that's crazy, Tomac's son is killing it in the 250's.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
good ride for Tomac. He was obviously in great condition and running fast the whole race.

How about that 350? Looked fast for 100cc less.

BTW: with regard to the spoiler, stay off the internet until you watch the race. works for me.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Him and this little kid from Asheville used to be 1/2 Nationally in minis at 8 years old. The Asheville kids dad was the Cobra minis rep and had a track in his front yard with a 20+ foot table the kid would thrown down on.

His pops was a drill sergeant though and I'm guessing he burned out or his pops ran out of money. He had vids of Eli and his kid going toe to toe on monster tracks all over the country!! Suck sickness for little kids...both of them whipping and scrubbing jumps. WOW!

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
That was unreal! I've been watching him for the last 5 years waiting for the day he went pro. I still couldn't believe it!!!

His dad (my hero) did it right, kept him off the bike some to keep him from overtraining/burning out, and he went to high school with regular kids instead of being home schooled like most of his competition. Hopefully that will give him a mental advantage in how to be a professional, and how to deal with real life situations.

Because of this he should just be getting fast rather than peaking at 17 but -damn!- he's soo fast allready!!! he'll have a long future hopefully.

It's funny- it's easy to spot Johnny T in the pits, he's sportin a cowboy hat all the time! They could at least put a Geico Honda sticker on the front of it or somethin!

Krispy

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Johnny has taught Eli many important lessons in life, the most important being "do all your talkin' on the track".

I was on the FOX shoot 2 months ago and while Barcia was talkin it up, getting absolutely nuts on the shoot, trying to be the star. Eli on the other hand just did as he was told, kept quiet, did his job. And in talk of the upcoming season Eli had realistic goals, while others were talkin about 'winning' and 'podiums'.

I remember tellin Johnny that day "hey, this is kind of like a photoshoot with you and cully back in the day, where you just did your work, kept your mouth shut…and won lots of races…while cully was being, cully.." haha

Wish Eli would have thanked shoptangerine.com as we keep the kid lookin stylish outside the pits ;)

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Yeah the new KTMS for 2011 are looking sick

Antonio Carloli is doing pretty well as are his team mates in MX 1
Pretty much dominating interesting to watch on the rougher tracks where ya can see the guys fighting the power of the 450 and AC is just flooring it in control. fact is even the best struggle to lay down all that power at times.

Outta control feels fast but dosen't mean its always fastest, for a bike that's totally new from ground up, not just engine its pretty amazing from KTM.

They are the new Honda, expect world domination from them, incredible, no one in the 90s would have predicted they would overtake the Japanese in unit sales or more models in both 2T and 4T bikes, interesting that the 2T range out sold the 4t range last year, first time since the 4Ts became so popular, and 2Ts are cleaner bring back the mighty 2Ts

Not sure if they are doing this in the US? but in Aus and NZ a 250cc 2T can now race in the 2504T class that will be interesting, lighter weight peakier power vs torque and linear power delivery of the 4T yet more weight and weightier feel of the 4T, I doubt many can ride a 2T properly these days @ that level be good to see though, love those battles.

Go BT