Quantcast

Construction of the Full Throttle course

Crazy Dan

Chimp
Aug 26, 2002
Last Place!
This is the competition course for the 2nd Full Throttle Freeride Comp in Conyers, GA (near Atlanta, GA). May 21st, jam style judging format, pro/am, cash purse for pro. Check www.rockbottomfreeride.com for all the details. The course is being built specifically for the comp and will not be permenant. Your only time to ride it is the comp, so come on down and ride it, it will be fun! Course will have wallrides, drops, teeter, dirt jumps, so freeride hardtail, big bike, freeride bike, whatever, but I'd leave the XC bike at home.

lucas

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
The big ladder is permanent - maybe the gap where dano is sitting too - well see.

Shoot me an email if youre interested in "working" out there in the next few weeks. Things have to be tried out, of course.

lucas@rockbottomfreeride.com

fatcats

Chimp
Apr 4, 2005
well that is encouraging, i know how much you have put into getting permission to get this kind of stuff put together, and then DOING IT, and i was hoping it wouldnt just get plowed

Crazy Dan

Chimp
Aug 26, 2002
Last Place!
If all holds true, SOFA (the freeride chapter of SORBA) may be building a permanent freeride area at the Horse Park. The more people that show up to Full Throttle can only help our cause.

lucas

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
For sure welll be out there Fri night after 6 - working and what not.... May be earlier in the week - not sure yet...

Call my cell if you want more info... 770-560-4403

Lucas

lucas

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
Oh WKC - The course is in Conyers, GA - the Horse park where they held the 96 MTB Olympics

lucas

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
Just a few more pics of whats going on out in Conyers...

The beginnings of the curved wall..

The roller coaster brigde is at least 100+ long.....

More coming........

Sep 22, 2004
will it be like last years? what will the dirt jumps be like, s, m, l. what im tring to say is, is it worth traviling 6 hours to. i hate when people hype up 2 foot jumps, it aint worth going to. im not saying your doing that, i just want to know whats really up.

lucas

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
Yeah - I wouldnt want to drive 6 hrs for nothing

The smallest DJ is 4' tall - the plwood kickers go from 36 to 50 inches and the step down gaps are around 15' out and 15-20' down.

It should be really fun, we'll have a few smaller stunts for the am course but the pro side of things will be worth it.... Hope you can make it

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
lucas said:
Yeah - I wouldnt want to drive 6 hrs for nothing

The smallest DJ is 4' tall - the plwood kickers go from 36 to 50 inches and the step down gaps are around 15' out and 15-20' down.

It should be really fun, we'll have a few smaller stunts for the am course but the pro side of things will be worth it.... Hope you can make it
how much money can u win and what do u have to do to win...can u do just drops and stuff or do u gatta do everythin...i don't do dj's

lucas

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
As far as prize money and such - In the pro catagory you can win about 700 bucks or so and in the am catagory it's alot of swag. Oakley is bringin out some cool stuff and Dakine, Thomson, Maxxis and others are throwing in really nice gear.

What you need to do to win...... Uh, it's rider judged, so everyone who enters will vote for thier favorite rider of the day. He with the most votes wins, so you need to impress the riders on the course.

We'll also have a few other catagories like best crash, best trick and a short race through the course....

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
hey can i come out tomoro or wednesday to check it out and maybe practice on it...i'll also help build if yall need it....

lucas

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
Ok - Last couple of pics before the comp.....

A little hard to capture on camera -

Hope everybody can make it out......... See you guys tomorrow at 9 am

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Nice pics.
Congrats on your finish and thanks for the inadvertent shot of the Oakley girl :love: