Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

IMG_9992.jpeg

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

President Joe Biden, who supports gun restrictions, called on Congress to reinstate the ban imposed under his political foe. Trump’s campaign team meanwhile, expressed respect for the ruling before quickly pivoting to his endorsement by the National Rifle Association.

As Trump courts gun owners while running to retake the presidency, he has appeared to play down his own administration’s actions on bump stocks, telling NRA members in February that “nothing happened” on guns during his presidency despite “great pressure.” He told the group that if he is elected again, “No one will lay a finger on your firearms.”

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I'm just stupefied by the easily verifiable lies delivered in word salads; yet educated people still follow him.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It. - especially looking in from the outside.

I easily remember a time when a hint of an affair, an easily verifiable lie, a big miss-step on a campaign speech would be enough to end your political run on the spot.

Empire in decline, how far the fall.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I easily remember a time when a hint of an affair…
I can’t help but laugh that in hindsight Trump essentially paid hush money for a publicity campaign.

It’s now clear that the hush money was meaningless because his followers wouldn’t have stopped following him if this information had gone public. He also couldn’t have bought this kind of media exposure for $130k. Well, $130k plus whatever legal fees he might or might not actually pay.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I can’t help but laugh that in hindsight Trump essentially paid hush money for a publicity campaign.

It’s now clear that the hush money was meaningless because his followers wouldn’t have stopped following him if this information had gone public. He also couldn’t have bought this kind of media exposure for $130k. Well, $130k plus whatever legal fees he might or might not actually pay.
Maybe? That was a while back though and his followers weren't nearly as emboldened/crazy back then...at least I'd like to believe this.