Quantcast

Cool little bike........

Milton Burl

Chimp
Jan 12, 2006
Issaquompton
The bike looks sweet.

1 comment though - rotate the back plate a bit so it is on point for installation. Check this link out if you have any questions - http://www.e13components.com/support_setup_instructions.html
or e-mail support@e13components.com

enjoy the new ride,

Michael
e.thirteen
You are correct, consider it fixed.

definetly hot, you think fluidride would put one of those together for me without the wheels?
Si Senoir......let me know.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So....we put a shorter Fox on the back and a pike on the front of an 06 7Point.......It rides really well and still gets 5.5" of travel.
37lbs.- 66.5HA- 12.75 BB Height
I remember reading this from DW about a short shock on a MkIII:

"There is no shorter shock that you can put on the frame. You cannot mess with shock lengths on dw-link frames. They are designed to have specific acceleration and braking properties at certain points in the travel. Changing the shock lengths moves the curves and wont let the dw-link work optimally."

Why not just get a 6Point?

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)

"There is no shorter shock that you can put on the frame. You cannot mess with shock lengths on dw-link frames. They are designed to have specific acceleration and braking properties at certain points in the travel. Changing the shock lengths moves the curves and wont let the dw-link work optimally."

it will still work. . . just not to its full potential

Milton Burl

Chimp
Jan 12, 2006
Issaquompton

We have done a bit of shock swapping on MK's as well and you are right....it doesnt work. The swing arm has a brace that hits the seat tube before it bottoms. I agree with what you were saying about changing the curve of the travel as well but for a little jump/slalom-ish bike it doesnt matter as much. At this point it is an experiment that requires more real trail testing. I cant think of any Manufacturers or builder that would condone putting a shorter shock on their frame.
Fox will sell you a shock for any purpose but if its not the intended purpose you dont get a warranty, good thing they are high quality. With that said....we have had success with other bikes and shorter shocks. Six points are sweet bikes but its not about the amount of travel........Six points have 68 degree HA's and 13.78" BB's. More versatile for sure but a bit steep and high for some of our customers.
Anyway, I will post up on monday on how it rides in the real world.
See ya,
Zeb

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Fox makes the float and float rp23 in 8.5x2.5 - OE spec only right now - that might be a cool option for the future.

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Lookin' good!

I'm about 80% done building myself a play bike for this season. Short shocks can make something that's usuall tall and unwieldy into a fun machine.

Milton Burl

Chimp
Jan 12, 2006
Issaquompton
I went and rode this thing on Sunday and it definately rips. The BB may be a little low for your average trail rider but if you can appreciate the feel of a lower bike and are willing to comprimise on where you choose to pedal.....this may be for you.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
.. but 12.75"bb height. i dont know man that sounds pretty low.
where exactly do you measure the bb hight from?

i have been measuring from an imaginary line (axle to axle) to my center of bb point. im getting negative 8mm, so the center of my bb is 8mm below my axle to axle line. (150/170mm bike btw)

but i just went outside and measured it from the ground and 12.75" is pretty darn low. i thought my bb was low, but i guess not. (13.25")

that bike looks like it would be alot of fun, a very dailed bike for jumping or light dh i'd imagine.

...rode this thing on Sunday...
how ironic :brows: