Quantcast

coolest hotel ever?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ah, i remember seeing that link a few years back. you should go.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
That place is crazy! Some of those rooms are rather, um, uninviting. But cool non-the-less!

The coolest place I've stayed was at a place called Amsterdam Escape (in Amsterdam, of course). They have several different apartments you can rent. Here's pics of the one we stayed in:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey pixelninja, that place looks very nice!

i probably won't change my hotel plans because 1) you've got to fax stuff for a room assignment 2) i'm leaving monday 3) i think it's not so central to stuff.

but you never know.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So much for clean Euro design. Was there a Hedge Maze room or a miniature city room? I couldn't wade through all the options.

The A'dam Escape is perfectly fitting for the Austin Powers/Goldmember quote "I'm from Holland, isn't that weird!?!" (I lived in Holland for 2.5 yrs..zzzzzzzzz)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
narlus said:
hey pixelninja, that place looks very nice!
It was awesome to stay there. The one we stayed in (pictured) was just a block of the Red Light district. They have a bunch of other sized apt's, ranging from 2 people to 25. We were there in '02 and the apt was about the same price as a regular hotel room. Checking their site, their prices have definitely gone up. But Brandon, one of the co-owners, was super cool so I'm glad to see that they're doing well.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
:thumb: That apartment seriously says "Let's f$*k" all over it........ and being right next to the redlight district......... holy $hit. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-
Well, when your apartment tells you to do something, you do it! :thumb:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
:think:
Wha??
Explain?
:confused:

-S.S.-
NTSC is the videotape standard in the states. PAL is the standard in europe. A vcr in the states cannot play a tape purchased in europe. Once again I say :mumble:

However, a dvd with no regional code can be played anywhere... :evil:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
NTSC is the videotape standard in the states. PAL is the standard in europe. A vcr in the states cannot play a tape purchased in europe. Once again I say :mumble:

However, a dvd with no regional code can be played anywhere... :evil:
:thumb: Gotcha. What was the title? :devil:

-S.S.-

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
I like the description of room numbah 12, especially the last part

Features:
- The bed is suspended from ropes (1.6 metres high)
Description:
Your place of rest is literally knotted to four large ceiling rafters with thick shipping rope. The bed suspended one and a half metres from above can only be reached with a vertical ladder. Climb, climb! Unfortuntately, security regulations bar this room from being rented out to overweight guests!