Quantcast

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I believe that if a cop called any of you a ****ing moron for something as petty as that, you might be angry. Im not really offended, just pissed off that a cop can get away with this type of sh!t. Im not allowed to call a customer at my store for picking out the wrong tire tube a fvcking moron, so why should he be able to?
because you deal in retail and you would have no customers if you treated people like that. most of our "customers" come to us by way of being effing idiots in the first place so it kinda comes with the territory. i know i've yelled more than my share of obscenities at idiot drivers when i've had to do traffic direction at an accident scene or special event....the stupidity of drivers forced to make decisions is astounding.

so yeah..the cop wasn't as professional as he could/should have been but i promise you that you wouldn't be any different if you had to stand in the middle of the road and deal with inattentive drivers for a while.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
because you deal in retail and you would have no customers if you treated people like that. most of our "customers" come to us by way of being effing idiots in the first place so it kinda comes with the territory. i know i've yelled more than my share of obscenities at idiot drivers when i've had to do traffic direction at an accident scene or special event....the stupidity of drivers forced to make decisions is astounding.

so yeah..the cop wasn't as professional as he could/should have been but i promise you that you wouldn't be any different if you had to stand in the middle of the road and deal with inattentive drivers for a while.
This. I'm not nor have I ever been law enforcement, but I have worked for the department of highways, and part of my job was directing traffic on the interstate during wrecks etc. It would utterly astound you how bad/inattentive some drivers are. Having your shirt tails brushed by someone going 70+ mph while you're wearing a neon green vest and waving a flag at them will reduce your capacity for not swearing at idiots.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?

That is what I figured. I probably deserved it. But I thought it was unprofessional to curse.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, but if it is not in front of them, they DGAF. So if I actually reported this cop I would sound like a dumbass.
you already sound like a dumbass. reporting him would just complete the trifecta. and they might swear at you again for wasting their fvcking time.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
So here I am 3 pages later and all that has happened is:

-People still making jokes to try and get rep.
-jonkranked has proved himself yet again to be an annoying attention whore and that he loves to soak corks.
-manimal still hasn't figured out that I agree with him.

Nothing insightful has been said.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
This is what I want to do after reading this thread

Seriously - think for youself. If Im in a bad mood. Id think about reporting him a bit more than forget about it as Im to lazy. Is it really worth a topic that turned into a sandy vagina tournament?

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
-manimal still hasn't figured out that I agree with him.
no...i get that you agree, but it's more fun to poke fun at the question itself and perhaps, shed some light on why a cop might snap at something so seemingly innocuous as your driving.

one of my good friends was reprimanded and removed from the tactical team (swat) for a year because he told a guy, during furniture market (the city's cash cow), to move his car from the no-parking zone. when the dude continued to refuse to move, my friend, ever the Marine, told him in no uncertain terms that if he didn't move his effing truck it would be towed while he was being processed at the jail. the dude complained and, because this city will do ANYTHING to protect market goers from taking their business elsewhere, he was disciplined for unprofessional language.
on the flip side, i only work in the projects and "unprofessional language" is the norm because it is the local "dialect" used toward us so we rarely get complaints when we return the favor.
i'm sure the brass would love for us all to be Officer Uber-professional all the time but sometimes Officer Samuel Jackson is what is required. "sir, please stop entering the residence unlawfully and place yourself on the ground in order to be detained" vs. "bring your a$$ to the door and get on the m-effing ground!" ;)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I recommend an educational road trip for TheTruth to Philadelphia to experience more polite policemen.

Google Philadelphia and Move circa mid 1980's. They burned down an entire city block serving a warrant.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
no...i get that you agree, but it's more fun to poke fun at the question itself and perhaps, shed some light on why a cop might snap at something so seemingly innocuous as your driving.

one of my good friends was reprimanded and removed from the tactical team (swat) for a year because he told a guy, during furniture market (the city's cash cow), to move his car from the no-parking zone. when the dude continued to refuse to move, my friend, ever the Marine, told him in no uncertain terms that if he didn't move his effing truck it would be towed while he was being processed at the jail. the dude complained and, because this city will do ANYTHING to protect market goers from taking their business elsewhere, he was disciplined for unprofessional language.
on the flip side, i only work in the projects and "unprofessional language" is the norm because it is the local "dialect" used toward us so we rarely get complaints when we return the favor.
i'm sure the brass would love for us all to be Officer Uber-professional all the time but sometimes Officer Samuel Jackson is what is required. "sir, please stop entering the residence unlawfully and place yourself on the ground in order to be detained" vs. "bring your a$$ to the door and get on the m-effing ground!" ;)
That is rather awesome that you get to use strategic terminology to blend in with the insurgents.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Listen man, I live right near a town called paterson, which is considered rougher than newark. I think I know what a tough cop is.
Newark is rough?

Outside Paterson is yuppie land. So is it Wayne, Totowa, or Little Falls?