Quantcast

Core Performance Bikes??

Alejandro24

Chimp
Aug 21, 2005
Does anyone know this brand?? i was looking their "DH machine" and its really sick, like nothing else.. check it out:

" Toughest Downhill cycle on the market ". according to them...

Race-proven design with 10" of travel. (Titanium coils coming soon will add 2" more of travel.)
CB2L Technology™ puts pedal power to the ground, keeps wheel base uniform during wheel travel, and minimizes pedal induced feedback.
100 mm Bottom Bracket.
160 mm dedicated 36 spoke rear Hadley Hub for strength and a straight chain line.
12 mm rear axle, clamped solid on each side for torsional rigidity.
Adjustable top tube length.
Adjustable Bottom Bracket height.
Adjustable shock compression:
1. Linear
2. Ramping Compression
Fits up to a 3" wide tire
Rear-end designed and built in cooperation with Frank Wadelton of FTW (Frank the Welder) Industries.

SHOCK
14" Fox Shock with 2 proprietary valve settings:
1. Drop Machine/Clyde Class
2. Downhill Race/Free Ride
Size of shock and large remote reservior keep shock heat low, making cavitation-related problems a thing of the past. You have total control.
8 Damping settings for a wide variety of riding dynamics.
Coils custom wound to your individual needs.

http://www.coreperformancecycles.com/bhd.html

Attachments

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Seems like a whole lotta wasted money.

Also, that's a friggin snowmobile shock. Stupid ++

Oh dear lord...it's the same guys who made that stupid Patriot bike. That explains the snowmobile shock. :thumb:

It's a hunk of crap - please spam elsewhere.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Any of you guys care to back up why this is such a bad bike? If it's as tough as they say it is and works well for big guys, then it does what it's supposed to. Just because it isn't 40 lbs or built for World Cup racing and doesn't have a ground scraping low BB height doesn't make it crappy automatically - if it breaks and performs like crap then it would indeed be crappy. Intense M-1's for example look great and perform great, but they break like twigs too. I like most other DH riders am not sponsored and would rather put my hard earned money towards something that will last, especially if I were a really big guy, not something super light and race-y that will crack and be out of warranty after only a year. Also what is the big problem with using a snowmoblie shock if it allows for a lower leverage ratio with the longer stroke? I see this as being better than putting a really big fellow on something with a standard bike shock and a frame with a >3:1 leverage ratio. I'm not trying to start any arguments, just asking people to back up their slandering since it looks to me like a good bike for what it's made for.

Edit: I do have to admit that running the handlebars that far behind the fork legs looks really really dumb though...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
bomberboy11 said:
Any of you guys care to back up why this is such a bad bike?
It was a good concept 6 years ago, when the 9.5 x 3 standard didn't exist and the best shock available was a Fox Vanilla RC. These days, there are plenty of bikes that are strong enough and with low enough leverage ratios for anyone at any weight, and plenty of shocks with robust compression damping to go with them. No need to keep an outdated concept alive.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
ChrisRobin said:
edit. How can installing a Ti spring add suspension travel??
the only thing I can figure is that the shock bottoms on the spring,ie, the coils hit before the shock itselfis fully compressed. Titanium springs can have a shorter compressed length that a steel spring of the same extended length.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Transcend said:
Oh dear lord...it's the same guys who made that stupid Patriot bike. That explains the snowmobile shock. :thumb:
The original CPC was a snow mobile shop, and they made the patriot. They decided to get out of bikes, and sold the rights and existing inventory to a couple of guys, Core Performance Cycles. Play on the CPC name.

Seriously, the frame name alone is hurting their sales more than anything. Bad hair day? Damn.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
The company that use to make those things makes snowmobile parts and hop up kits here in Utah. I dident think they where still around.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
VMARTINEZ said:
The company that use to make those things makes snowmobile parts and hop up kits here in Utah. I dident think they where still around.
They might not be...it's another company making these frames.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
bomberboy11 said:
Any of you guys care to back up why this is such a bad bike? If it's as tough as they say it is and works well for big guys, then it does what it's supposed to. Just because it isn't 40 lbs or built for World Cup racing and doesn't have a ground scraping low BB height doesn't make it crappy automatically - if it breaks and performs like crap then it would indeed be crappy. Intense M-1's for example look great and perform great, but they break like twigs too. I like most other DH riders am not sponsored and would rather put my hard earned money towards something that will last, especially if I were a really big guy, not something super light and race-y that will crack and be out of warranty after only a year. Also what is the big problem with using a snowmoblie shock if it allows for a lower leverage ratio with the longer stroke? I see this as being better than putting a really big fellow on something with a standard bike shock and a frame with a >3:1 leverage ratio. I'm not trying to start any arguments, just asking people to back up their slandering since it looks to me like a good bike for what it's made for.

Edit: I do have to admit that running the handlebars that far behind the fork legs looks really really dumb though...
Maybe back in the day that kind of bike was kinda useful (Go-ride used to sell them when they were made by that snowmobile shop). The old model, as well as this one, were top heavy because that huge shock in the middle/top of the frame. Second, the rear end was flimsy which is how FTW got involved. There was a guy here on Ridemonkey that had one. It looked cool and all but was heavy as hell and had his rear end made by FTW.

Nowadays, you can find a heavy duty frame that's just as strong and much lighter and probably cheaper.