Quantcast

Corsair website is wonky

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
corsair was sold recently. They are going throught some rebuilding includinog launching a new website. I'd assume this is part of the process. You can read about it in the Corsair North America team forum:)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ultimate hype machine dot com?

Seriously, the first mention of Corsair on this website came about in 2006, maybe 2005. They hadn't sold a production version of any bike until 2009. In 2010 they're out of business? All hype and no substance? Their bikes LOOK great, but every thread I read about them mentions how QC was ridiculously low...bearings getting chewed up, rollers that squeak, pivots that fall apart. Eventually the owners usually give up.

I really, really hope that I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. They have some crafty technology that makes real world sense. High pivots, "area travel" via the Crown, awesome looking construction...but the real world experience seems to be lacking.

Hope they can sort it out. Wonder who the buyer will be...could it turn into another EVIL turnaround?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
huh, I read that before but it didn't click. Atomlab has a bad rep but I had excellent customer service from them in the past...great email response and free shwag when I bought some replacement parts. It'll be interesting to see what they can do with the brand. I certainly wouldn't mind a Marquee for a trail bike and a Crown as a DHer...

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
The web page up at corsairbikes.com is a web design company and Corsair is on their client list so I am assuming they are currently building the new Corsair website and have that as a temporary filler.

As of right now I think their past e-mail addresses are down as Doug told me back in the winter I would be able to get my hands on some components this spring - I e-mailed a couple addresses recently and so far they haven't replied; they are usually very punctual and helpful with questions etc.

Just took the first ride on my Konig and have spent about 6 hours ripping my Crown on Dummer in NH and so far absolutely love both the bikes.. hopefully they stick around.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
It's not so much that Atomlab bought them, they're just part of the same company now with Blk Mrkt as well.

Pablo is in Taiwan from what his FB page says working on Corsair projects. The frames and company aren't going anywhere for the moment.

Obviously in a transitional phase and I hope they pull through.

venom600

Chimp
May 2, 2008
Bozeman
I think IronFly did their original website design. So, makes sense that their splash page is up there if there's some sort of re-design going on.

I've got a Maelstrom that I'm pretty optimistic about. I hope Atomlab does the right thing with Corsair. Some great (*great*) engineering....

--Ben

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I wonder if the Corsair shop will finally work when the new one is up? I am trying to get a -1deg headset for mine and Doug (I think) forwarded my email to Atomlab so we'll se what happens.

I like this statement-Corsair Bikes' new offices will be located in Santa Clarita, California, in a brand new location with the best resources available to build the finest bikes possible.

It reads like the bikes will be made in the US, wonder if they will use jigs when the new frames are made?

Last edited:

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
i love their stuff (from an idealistic standpoint anyways) even though atomlab has a love/hate relationship with many consumers i think it will work out well for corsair to be partnered with a company with some components and industry experience not to mention some capital. I think they will be out of the loop this year but i imagine come 2011 they will be ready to go again and with some great stuff

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Just to clear a few things up....
Corsair bikes in not...nor has it ever been out of business. The company had some trouble getting the bikes from the factory over to the states in early 2009 and so bikes didn't arrive until after the season when normally companies are releasing 2010 product. The bikes are all readily available right now and I just received 4 frames from them last week.

Atomlab (the company) did not become a partner in Corsair. The owner of Atomlab (Mike Flairity) did become a partner along with Pablo Tafoya. The 2 companies are completely seperate and the only thing they will share is US distribution through Mike's Distribution company.

That being said, don't be surprised to see some cool new products more geared toward the DH crowd coming out of Atomlab with this new relationship.

Keep your eyes peeled on various websites and forums for some new bike designs as well. Pablo has been a mad scientist over in taiwan for several weeks now AFTER the taipei show...
now to add something fun to the thread. Sea otter slayer 2010

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The site is gone, seems everyone has given up on the brand, maybe I should have chased up new bolts sooner, hahaha!