Quantcast

could this be a proto Elka Shock?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I doubt it. They seem to be pretty big believers in using a nitrogen charge. Besides, that looks like one of their current offerings only with the cap off? Maybe it just got a new nitrogen charge or is about to. Just my guess, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Nope, Mine is setup the same as that one... I was told Elka modified it so people wouldnt try to F*** around with the air pressure...

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
maybe it's designed to keep people who can't follow simple instructions from messing with the charge?

Last edited:

Pat Tellier

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC, Canada
It is indeed a new version of our shock. This design is intended to prevent people from messing with the Schraeder valve and also to further reduce the weight. This new cap design also uses a new type of valve that is rated to withstand a higher pressure. It also prevents unauthorized servicing by unqualified people as a special tool is needed to recharge the shock, which is only available to authorized service centers.

I know a lot of people want products that are user-serviceable, but unfortunately our shock is not one of those although it requires servicing much less often.

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
OT....what FSAE team? I was a major FSAE nerd when I was in college at Missouri S&T.
Concordia Universty, Montreal, QC

Our car this year is absolutely amazing. We will be bringing some serious competition this year to Michigan and Cali.

Which years have you participated in?