Quantcast

Countdown to Snowshoe...(official)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Inspired by the genius of Dartman, the desperation of Konabumm and the technical expertise of SK6 :D :p ;)

So the official clock for countdown is here!

So, whose got a place?

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
Hey, I am new to all this and I was wondering if Snowshoe has courses for beginners. and, do they have rentals I couldn't find any info on the website. I went to Deep creek lake and went downhill with my dad. that was a lot of fun. I think I peed my pants though haha.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Hey, I am new to all this and I was wondering if Snowshoe has courses for beginners. and, do they have rentals I couldn't find any info on the website. I went to Deep creek lake and went downhill with my dad. that was a lot of fun. I think I peed my pants though haha.
Yes they do have rentals. Everything from XC bikes to full on DH rigs. Freeride and DH bike rentals also include full face helmets and armor, if I'm not mistaken. The shop does a good job of hooking you up with stuff that fits too.

As far as beginner trails, they just built a new machine-groomed trail there last year, which I haven't had a chance to ride but I've heard is excellent for beginners. Other than that, it's not the best place to try to learn DH. It's where I first started, and it was definitely trial by fire. I crashed and tore myself up so many times it wasn't funny. Always seemed to have a blast doing it though, so who knows. You might love it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Snowshoe is not a good place to start off. They have a lot of XC trails, though they may be a bit overgrown, they should still be fun. Their DH caters to the more advanced crowd, and I would not suggest riding there until you have ridden some other places. Wintergreen has some more beginner friendly stuff, and Wisp is pretty beginner friendly.

Wherever you go, just be ready to be on the ground, and be able to laugh at yourself a lot. then you should have no problem!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
They do have a beginner trail on the eastern "Park" side of the mountain they just developed towards the end of last year. BigMike is right, be prepared to have a good time! :thumb:

hokierider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
If you do go I would suggest riding with someone that knows the mountain. There are certain routes you can take that are less technical but still a lot of fun. They would also be able to tell you when you are going to have to walk around a certain feature that is too technical for your ability level. Careful though downhilling can be addictive.

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
Yeah, thank you guys. I alreeady did the wisp downhill and I think I caught the bug.
I am about to buy a new Xc bike, how would you describe the Xc trails? and what padding would I need to bring?

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Well hope to meet up one day, I wllbe at opening weekend,look fo a black Cove G-spot w/ a shiver fork and a goofy looking rider on it that would be SK6 riding my bike. hahahaha

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
lolol. i myself hope to be up there opening weekend though i don't think i can spend all 5 days up there like you guys are planning. i think i might be up for 3 maybe 4 days.

also is that wintergreen loggers alley thing still happening????

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Got about 3 or 4 in our crew. Doug'll be back doing a bit of riding I think after destroying his arm last year. His son might be doing some of the 'shoe as well. Always cool to see the young'uns gettin into it.