Quantcast

Cove Shocker

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
Hi,

Im 6'3" and am looking at a cove shocker.....it is definately between a medium and a large. I cannot find any measurements on what the headtube length is or any other measurements other than the standard top tube length. I was wondering if anyone of the same height as I would happen to have any feedback on the sizing issue...I currently run a medium VP-Free with a totem....this bike frame will be for sale soon.. please let me know on the shocker sizing.

Sorry for being such a scatter brain

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
Hey...i'm 6'3" and just got myself a large shocker!!! It feels awesome.
Personally i wouldn't go a medium at 6'3. you could if you like smaller bikes but the large isn't super long for a large either.....it's just spot on. I'm runnin a zero rise 60mm truvativ stem and i really like it!!
You could also go into cove and ask to sit on a medium and a large.....ask to speak to Craig or Gabe to really be looked after.
Hope i was some help.

big dan

Chimp
Oct 12, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
I'm around 6 foot 2 or 3 and run a medium shocker. The trails i race and ride on are pretty tight and twisty with not much high speed stuff so it works well to be on a smaller rig.

Basically i think if you ride fast wide open stuff then go for the large.

Great frame though....

By the way...after lurking around here since 2002 i finally joined up and posted!

b16 lag

Chimp
Jul 17, 2007
london, uk
im 5 foot 10 and run a medium shocker which is perect for me but i feel the top tube is really short. This works fine for me although personally i would say that for a rider of your height it would be too small. Just my personal opinion

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
im 5 foot 10 and run a medium shocker which is perect for me but i feel the top tube is really short. This works fine for me although personally i would say that for a rider of your height it would be too small. Just my personal opinion
You nailed it. If your much taller than 5'10" the large is the way to go.
Love the Shocker, awesome bike

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I agree with the last two guys - I'm 5'9", and my medium Shocker fits perfectly. I can't imagine getting comfortable on it, though, if I was 6'3". I think the TT would just feel too short.

Big Dan - welcome to the world. I know another guy like you who also rides a Shocker and has been a habitual lurker for years. I don't want to mention any names, but his initials are SCOTT LEWIS. Maybe this thread will be enough to bring him out of the shadows, too. :)

--JP

Mr Nug

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
UK
Yep I'd second that. I'm 6 foot and ride a medium shocker. Ideally I'd like it 0.5"-1" longer but I love the bike.

If I was buying new it'd be a large for sure.

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
Awesome now I just have to get rid of my VP-Free....My friend just got a medium...I am going to ride it when it shows up...BTW I live in PA, so no matter how much I would love to walk into Deep Cove, it is just not a possibilty now... The sooner I get ride of the VP-Free then I will get the shocker. I really wish that Cove made the shocker with a large top tube and a medium seat tube length.

Can anyone give me some headtube measurements?
Large
Medium

The medium is only for comparitve purposes.

Thanks so much
KEEP IT NEAT

andy_n

Chimp
Mar 12, 2003
I am 5'10" as well. Have ridden Big Dan's medium many times. Because of the way the frame drops away so nicely underneath you, all I have to do is drop the seat about an inch and I feel totally at home. This is the first of his bikes I have been able to do this with.

Awesome ride!