Quantcast

CR1 Boxxer WTF???

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
has anyone ordered a CR1 Boxxer and received it or have any time on one?
I have been waiting several months(end of March) and I keep getting the run-around.
I keep getting told it's going out next week or later this week, each time I call. They charged my cc almost right away but still have not delivered product.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Trust me, be glad they're not shipping the current incarnation of that cart. Let's just say I hope it still a VERY early prototype.

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
I'm on a CR1 right now, although I'm pretty sure it's preproduction so don't get your panties in a twist =)

All I can say is that when it does arrive you'll be pumped. Super stoked with it it! I think that they are a pretty small outfit so I'm betting lead times are looooong.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I am being told it shipped yesterday or the day before but no tracking number. The shipping guy is put to lunch. I have to call my cc when I get.home and see what I can do

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Hope it works out good. Have a few friends that are very satisfied with their shock service,

Nov 11, 2007
norcal
CC deposit is one thing, paid in full is another.
What was the agreement?
No product shipment &/or no tracking number = No credit card charge in full. Simple as that!

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Unfortunately my cc says because it is over 60 days they can't do anything. I have to work it put with Adrian.
yeah, this is total BS. your CC co. sux the big. i had a very similar thing happen to me and it was well over 60 days beyond, more like 120 days since my card had been charged and the frame mfg'r claimed to have spent my money already. my card refunded me in full and then went after the mfg'r to get the money back. you should be protected. if not, you need a new CC vendor that will protect against this kind of thing.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
It can take a bit but its well worth it. Adrian puts his life into this stuff and I know he is extremely passionate about what he puts into the market.

Ya, the CR1 Boxxer is awesome. Adrian let me take one out to a race a few months back and it's completely worth it. But ya, deal with Adrian directly but things take a while over there since it's just him designing AND assembling/servicing everything! You'll be very happy with it though.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Never realized it was him doing everything.
We straightened this whole thing thing out. Adrian did offer me the option of getting my money back or getting the fork out to me. I should be getting the fork soon and can't wait to try it out. My 2010 Fox 40 just feels horrible and now I will be able to send that back to.get tweaked and then.sell it.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Never realized it was him doing everything.
We straightened this whole thing thing out. Adrian did offer me the option of getting my money back or getting the fork out to me. I should be getting the fork soon and can't wait to try it out.
didnt he say that over 60 days ago?

ridingsupreme

Monkey
May 12, 2008
Santa Cluas lane
Cortina????:shocked: What's he know about shock tuning?
Its called School. Do you need us to provide u with a link to that too? I have the fork and shock all dialed by Adrian. He is a legitimate mad scientist lol. You have to go to his shop and talk to him in person if you really want all the techy details. He knows his $tuff. I will never ride OEM damping again.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Its called School. Do you need us to provide u with a link to that too? I have the fork and shock all dialed by Adrian. He is a legitimate mad scientist lol. You have to go to his shop and talk to him in person if you really want all the techy details. He knows his $tuff. I will never ride OEM damping again.
Not being a smarty, but that group built DH frames that had all sorts of links and stuff and then just disappeared. that's all I knew about them.

Now they pop up again as custom suspension tune experts. I read the about page and all it says about them is they use CAD alot, have tight tolerances and have "spent hundreds of testing hours on the harshest trails in North America". So I asked.:thumb:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
It sounds like their CS and turnaround is light years behind PUSH, so the performance better be twice as good to make up for that.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Not being a smarty, but that group built DH frames that had all sorts of links and stuff and then just disappeared. that's all I knew about them.

Now they pop up again as custom suspension tune experts. I read the about page and all it says about them is they use CAD alot, have tight tolerances and have "spent hundreds of testing hours on the harshest trails in North America". So I asked.:thumb:
i didn't even realize they were the same guys that did Cortina bikes

bobsten

Monkey
Oct 23, 2008
rain rain go away
i didn't even realize they were the same guys that did Cortina bikes
Ya dude! You should see Daniel's hardtail that his Dad made, super sex. I'm pretty sure Adrian was trying to get a DH frame going again but turned his focus back to suspension. Its kind of a bummer, I've heard only amazing things about their frames and would love to get a chance on one...