Quantcast

Crank Brothers' Website Updated

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Too bad the Joplin seatpost only comes in 30.9 and 31.6 or I'd sign up today. Those seem kinda big diameters for the intended type of bikes, i.e. All Mountain, XC.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Too bad the Joplin seatpost only comes in 30.9 and 31.6 or I'd sign up today. Those seem kinda big diameters for the intended type of bikes, i.e. All Mountain, XC.
If I'm correct, Specialized, Giant, and Santa Cruz all use a Ø30.9mm post. This should cover, oh roughly half of the all mountain & trail market by volume.

-ska todd

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
doesn't cover Iron Horse or Turner which are the bikes I ride. Why not make a 27.2 and shims so everybody can use one? Then they could cover roughly all teh market.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Doesn't matter what size they have........those seat posts will wobble within 6 rides.....:busted:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
30.9 also covers Yeti as they are switching from 27.2. Todd is correct in that they are covering a huge chunk of the market. A 27.2 post would require all new tooling and a much smaller slider - not exactly ideal.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Great, so you're saying that I bought the only bike brand that this post doesn't cover? wait, doesn't todd work for Iron Horse? Way to go, Todd! ------> :biggrin:

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
How about a lighter variant? Any idea if the next gen will have ti? Crankbros loves ti!
I'm a little disappointed they downgraded the mallets - no more mag version....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

BTW, is the solution for blown seals and cartridges is to move production to Taiwan?

Sticking with American made and well supported GravityDropper.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yeah, the $250 mallet is lighter than the old mag one. The pedal that replaces the mag's price point is heavier.
The low end one is also cheaper by a fair amount. The mallet 2 is about the same weight and around the same price. (8g heavier, $10 cheaper). Cheaper at MSRP though, no idea what they will actually retail for (or what the old ones actually retailed for).

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
The low end one is also cheaper by a fair amount. The mallet 2 is about the same weight and around the same price. (8g heavier, $10 cheaper). Cheaper at MSRP though, no idea what they will actually retail for (or what the old ones actually retailed for).
Yeah, I guess 8g isn't much, and they're probably more durable. But I never worried about mine, as CB is the best company I've ever dealt with for customer service.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yeah, I guess 8g isn't much, and they're probably more durable. But I never worried about mine, as CB is the best company I've ever dealt with for customer service.
I never had a body issue with my mallets (3 pairs, 2 Mn 1 C). I did occasionally bend an axle or break a wing, but they replaced/repaired them in about 1.3 seconds.