Quantcast

Crankarm clearance? Help

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
How much clearence is acceptable between the chainstay and the crankarm on the non-drive side? I installed a MRP chainguide. With a 113 spindle length, the chainline is way off. But with a 110 spindle length, the chainline is perfect, but the non-drive side crank arm is about 2mm away from the chainstay. I've sprinted with it and messed around the parkinglot but no heavy riding yet. If I push the arm towards the chainstay it will touch. Has anyone had this problem before? And if so what did you do? I'm goin to the dirt jumps in the morning and just want to know if this is safe.:confused:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Squasher
How much clearence is acceptable between the chainstay and the crankarm on the non-drive side? I installed a MRP chainguide. With a 113 spindle length, the chainline is way off. But with a 110 spindle length, the chainline is perfect, but the non-drive side crank arm is about 2mm away from the chainstay. I've sprinted with it and messed around the parkinglot but no heavy riding yet. If I push the arm towards the chainstay it will touch. Has anyone had this problem before? And if so what did you do? I'm goin to the dirt jumps in the morning and just want to know if this is safe.:confused:
What size BB shell do you have 68 or 73? Try to a an E-type BB with the guide it should be perfect. The chain line shouldn't be off to much 110/113 its only a mm and a 1/2 on each side difference.