Quantcast

Crankworx...Colorado!

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
That's pretty interesting considering that Winter Park has never held any kind of Freeride or Downhill event. (At least that I'm aware of...) Holding an event like this will definitely help them to kickstart their summer operations.

Any schedule conflicts?

That's pretty interesting considering that Winter Park has never held any kind of Freeride or Downhill event. (At least that I'm aware of...) Holding an event like this will definitely help them to kickstart their summer operations.

Any schedule conflicts?
Only conflict is with Sonoma, which doesn't count anyways. Then the next weekend is the MSC Snowmass race which is only a few hours away.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Winter Park has been building up their freeriding for about 3 years now. I was there the first year they started when hired on some local freeriders to help them plan and build and they had some pretty sick ideas but I haven't been able to go back to see what has been built and what not.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Guess Winter Park is going to try and back up the title Mountain Bike Capital USA. I hope it is a huge success and pushes other resorts in the area to step up their games.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

Any schedule conflicts?
They have held 2 NORBA Nationals...they were back in the stone age, but I did goto them and they were fun-but what wasn't back in the day.

And fraser, your little newsblurbs have been showing some really wacky characters for the last couple months, weird spellings of things, etc...

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
SWEET!! I really hope that this idea will push other mountains in the area to fallow the growing trend of Gravity mountain bike festivals. Really interested to see how everything will look! Things are looking up around here! Mountain Bike Capital? Maybe soon!

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
And I will finally make my return to Boulder! Gonna have to hit these 2 events up on my way to Whistler from Montreal.
Fraser,
Just sent you an email. This sounds like it will be a ton of fun, and I think it will be better to hit the road and go to Winterpark than to sit around your house for 3 weeks. In 3 weeks, I think I would start to talk all funny and I would be eating my Freedom Fries with cheese curds and gravy.
Also I think it would be great to hit up the Snowmass MSC race the following weekend, unless you need to shoot more stuff up in the Whistler area.
And I'm getting the same stuff that Stik is over on Vic's computer..."“Every year Whistler’s Kokanee Crankworx outdoes itself,” says Rob McSkimming,"

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Fraser,
Just sent you an email. This sounds like it will be a ton of fun, and I think it will be better to hit the road and go to Winterpark than to sit around your house for 3 weeks. In 3 weeks, I think I would start to talk all funny and I would be eating my Freedom Fries with cheese curds and gravy.
Also I think it would be great to hit up the Snowmass MSC race the following weekend, unless you need to shoot more stuff up in the Whistler area.
And I'm getting the same stuff that Stik is over on Vic's computer..."“Every year Whistler’s Kokanee Crankworx outdoes itself,� says Rob McSkimming,"
Sanjay both of these events are after Ste Anne, so we'd be outta here and on our way to whistler anyways. Gona look into the nonsense characters today. I thought I had it fixed before, I guess not.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Pretty simple Whistler is owned by Interwest and Winterpark is owned by Interwest. Keystone is owned by Vail. Whistler is not going to host an event at a competitors mountain.

Edit: Damn Mike beat me to it.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Dave Camp for the slopestyle win. What are the requirements for entry at crankworks? Is the slopestlye stuff invitational or open? Dh for anyone?

Dave Camp for the slopestyle win. What are the requirements for entry at crankworks? Is the slopestlye stuff invitational or open? Dh for anyone?
I'm pretty sure last year at crankworks slopestyle was open entry for preliminaries and you had to qualify out of your group,
as for the DH, I'm pretty sure the Air downhill was open to all who wished to compete and was broken into categories. Garbanzo was only open to Pro's with a UCI elite licenses and they caped it at 80 entries. Correct me if i'm wrong, I might have this backwards.

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
as for the DH, I'm pretty sure the Air downhill was open to all who wished to compete and was broken into categories. Garbanzo was only open to Pro's with a UCI elite licenses and they caped it at 80 entries. Correct me if i'm wrong, I might have this backwards.
The Amateur class of Garbonzo did not require a UCI elite. I'm not sure the pro did either.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i had been hearing snowmass for the past month or so, but winterpark will be dirty dirty. oh yea and i will be tkaing camp for the win hunlk man