Quantcast

Crankworx - LOCK your bikes!

Marcus

Chimp
May 26, 2002
Surrey
Im just posting this since Whistler has seen a frighteningly high level of bikes being lifted. Usually high end DH bikes are the main targets but dont take any chances.

If you're staying up there for the week or weekend, inquire with the front desk about being allowed to store the bikes in your rooms. Also ask about what their insurance can cover and any surveillance as that could change their mind.

If I'm not mistaken, 11 DH bikes were stolen over the weekend. A quote from a thread on nsmb.

Keep in mind these bikes mentioned were stolen from a private lock up in the tantalus lodge which only we had the key too and furthermore a key card was also necesary to get into the parkade where the locked lockup was.

Just some words of warning.

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
i went to boston and rode my bike through the automatic doors to the desk. they quesitoned me, and told them id only listen if they too spent $5k on a mtn bike. after their eyes got REAL wide they asked if id like a room with two beds for more room to put the bike. i tucked in my STAB.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
spam16v said:
...after their eyes got REAL wide they asked if id like a room with two beds for more room to put the bike. i tucked in my STAB.
Ahh thats cute. Did you read it a story and say "don't let the bed bugs bite." No, JK, but thats the thing to do. Don't let your bike get out of arms reach is the best plan.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
One of those stolen was one of my team riders' bikes. The others were local friends of ours from Montreal, as well as some guys from out west who's bikes were in the next "secure" locker over.