Quantcast

crankworx...

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
starts this aft with the bikercross, tomorrow the garb dh......it's been raining for a few days now, things are wet.....shouldn't affect the bsx too much as it's pretty worn in, dual slalom track is looking awesome, but was super wet and slimy when I checked it out wed. evening....it needed the moisture to pack in, but now we need some heat to pack it and set it up right for next week.......it's slick up top for the garb dh, and they've had to forgo some new trail that just turned to complete mush in the past two days.....fingers crossed that things clear up this aft/tomorrow! should hopefully have updates every night after the events.....seeing as I'm on the wagon and shouldn't get mired down in alcohol fueled shenanigans......

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
DS track, the upper part, lower continues after what's shown here with a big roller and then 3 flat tight corners, then more deep pocket berms.....it's radness!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Holy smokes! look at that, so much work involved, impressive.
Breaking out the 99' chris herting hardtail for my chicks slalom debut hahaha. Should be fun, sans mud. ;)

Thanks for the pics, much appreciated.

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
to anyone that has never been there or thinks that that course is big in the pics, you really dont get a feel for how huge it is

serious work went into that course, all the courses really and it definitely should be an event to see

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'm so stoked to be there for the first time. i want to ride the slalom and 4X courses so bad, but it just depends if camp ends early enough and if they aren't in use all of the time. Bummer about the rain, we just had about 20 minutes of overnight rain at my house 3 nights ago, but otherwise, there hasn't been rain for many months here. i hope garbo isn't a mess.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
jesus it is dumping like mad out there. just was at the marz tent with vanderslam and lopes both were saying how hairy the course was up top. new feature for the end instead of the garbo line is a sniper line between the middle and big drop hip'd into the middle drops landing. 4x practice is today, only one kid on a stats bike and kit riding it. wayy to wet today to be on it.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
jesus it is dumping like mad out there. just was at the marz tent with vanderslam and lopes both were saying how hairy the course was up top. new feature for the end instead of the garbo line is a sniper line between the middle and big drop hip'd into the middle drops landing. 4x practice is today, only one kid on a stats bike and kit riding it. wayy to wet today to be on it.
Crap...hopefully I'll be bringing the non-rainy weather north with me...sea-town is fine *right now*..

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
I just got back from the mountain cus i couldn't take the rain anymore...my underwear was a mix of water and....hahah just kidding...but its really wet and after a while you cant feel your hands...

cedric is here, he rode behind me on A-line on his furious slopestyle bike. Sam Hill aka chuck norris,is here with all his monster energy-iron horse crew and someone told me he was riding but i didn't see him.

well thats all ive seen for now...im gonna grab a shower and head to the village and see whats up

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
aaahaahahah, yeah, definitely shading towards retarded, I can still blame my serious head injury right?! well, and last night was a xc toonie race, with large bonfire, and well, you know, it is whistler so we were safe.........of course I meant bikercross tomorrow night......bed, early tonight.....geez....I've lost it

danielbender

Monkey
Sep 21, 2004
Brazil
I arrived yesterday with another 14 brazilian friends!
its is 5:00 am and i'm already wake up!

the difference between here and brazil is 4 hrs!
its killling me!!

tomorrow we are going to the tracks!!

**** this rain!

see ya fellows!