Quantcast

Crap....

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
narlus said:
manyunk has some *great* restaurants...i'm guessing that wickahisson isn't too far from there either. i'm sure Ian has the info.
The Wissahickon is so close, he could almost do lunch-time rides... :p

Plus, a short ride down the river would put him in some great single-track trails on Belmont Plateau....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
riderx said:
That was my point in the earlier post. They've been getting the work, where's your money? With a small firm it shouldn't be tied up like some giant corporation. Are they going to pay you retroactively from the day you assumed the new responsibility?

I'll bet if you told them you were leaving they would find that raise real quick...

No it will not be retroactive and I know they will counter offer.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Change is good. But change just for the sake of change isn't always the smartest move. Sounds like its a bit more money, but what's the cost of living like in Philly compared to where you are now? I jumped 20K moving from St. Louis to Denver, but since the cost of housing here is so much higher, I didn't see much of that extra money.

And a 401k plan IS a nice perk, even if they only match 2%.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
riderx said:
Also, did you factor cost of living between NY and Philly?
They are pretty equal to where I live now. Also we would probably only need one vehicle.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm going down to see this guys office to meet with him on Tuesday and check the place out.
I'll have to make a decision after that.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
There is no 401k like I have here and there are no bonuses which are about $2500 a year here but bonuses are not a "sure thing" every year.

I'm due for a raise here because took a promotion since in March but I still haven't gotten the pay for it but I've been doing all the work.
That would be the deal breaker for me...gotta plan for the future you know. Sounds like you're pretty happy where you are and may want to pass on this. :think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
That would be the deal breaker for me...gotta plan for the future you know. Sounds like you're pretty happy where you are and may want to pass on this. :think:
I'm happy here but it's hard to get paid to live around here. I already commute 45min and to afford a home I would have to commute 1hr to work. My GF is semi-happy with her job. She's at a sucky part of our local school district and she's fairly unhappy with how NY State runs their schools.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ok well it's official I've taken a 1/2 day from work on Tuesday so I'm going to head down there.
It was like pulling teeth asking my boss for 4hrs off........

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good luck. I know what you mean about trying to live down here. It's terrible. It's such a terrific area, but saleries are so low compared to the cost of living. Would your gf move down there with you?