Quantcast

Crash and Burn

Karpieldisco

Chimp
Mar 24, 2002
Abingdon, MD
Well today was another exciting day at the park. We were jumping at a place called 7 courts. BMX jumps on our 26" ds1's. Boy are bmx lips different.. anyway I was getting the gove on on a set that i had been working on all day. the jumps are not that big just steep, about 5-6 ft tall , but they are intimidating., Anyway my confidence was way up after clearing the set after about 5 bailed attempts. When it all when wrong. I came up short. on the "muthar hucker" as we call it. 5 ft tall probably 12 gap with very nice steep landing.. it will kick you straight up. anyway came in a bit short. not a bad case ( have had much worse) but something happened with this one. When i hit the top of the landing trani the rear wheel blew apart. broke 9 spokes. snapped right off at the hub. OOPS. the thing is as I mentioned the case was not bad- in fact i rolled it out. But i thought i broke the frame.. thank god i didn;t. anyway will have the ride back together to race this weekend but it was a vry disappointing way to end the evening. Oh well better now that at nationals...

my story of today .