Quantcast

Crash!

chqm8

Chimp
Mar 25, 2008
westport, mass
My friend and I went for a little spin today and found a decent roller to practice on.

I got lucky and cleaned it. John didn't get so lucky.

[/b]

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Looks like he wanted to put his foot down which made the whole thing go wacky. fun times!

chqm8

Chimp
Mar 25, 2008
westport, mass
He went into it a with a lack of commitment. I've watched the vid a few times and you can see (and hear) that right from the git-go he's on the brakes.

About mid-way down the roller there's a little 'bump'. When he hits that it seems like it's just enough that, along with his fear induced lack of momentum, his left foot gets kicked out of his pedal.

After that he was doomed.

But, fortunately, he walked away with just a scrape on his leg.

I just called him and told him he needs a better fitting helmet. Possibly a full-faced.

The bike he is on is a brand new Yeti 575. This was his 3rd ride on it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
His lid might fit properly, but it's certainly not fitted to him.

Still should get a giro switchblade or something.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Yeah I was gonna' say that too. That helmet is either too small or he needs to learn how to wear it.

Awesome that he got out of it injury free (for the most part). Just another war wound to talk about. When he tells the story it should been an 8 foot huck he wrecked on!!

chqm8

Chimp
Mar 25, 2008
westport, mass
Looks like he just missed his face. Lucky.

I love the slow-mo sigh knowing your ride might be done.
Yeah that IS a pretty funny sigh.

We were done after that crash. He bent his hanger into his spokes. We had already ridden for almost 3 hours so it was all good.

I'm just glad he's ok.

He's on a $4000.00 bike and sportin a $4.00 helmet. Crazzzzy. :biggrin:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I was at work and couldn't hear the brakes, that was my problem. Well, you know what they say "If at first you don't succeed, drown your sorrows in a beer"

chqm8

Chimp
Mar 25, 2008
westport, mass
can I ask what he was doing in such a low gear? The dude was spinning his legs a mile a minute before he rolled in.

I've noticed that he seems to stay in his granny gear a lot.

I'm not sure why. Lack of fitness maybe? I'll have to ask him/bust his ballz about it tomorrow at work. :biggrin: