Quantcast

crashed, broke the boxxer

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
so i had a very bad crash today,

on a section of trail where u pull alot of G's

so it got me to thinking is it possible that i broke the fork before this crash and the ammount of force going down tweaked my front wheel.

cause i ended up flying over a berm that youve just come off a steep chute, and i could never put together what went wrong one seccnod i was flying into the berm the next head, hip, forearm. and then the tumble.

so really im just looking for two things 1 how much do new lowers cost,

and 2 is it possible i broke my fork even slightly cracked it and the force of railing the berm was the last straw, cause i didint hit anything and it was like i steered right into the berm.

the forks broken right on the arch motion control side.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
so i had a very bad crash today,

on a section of trail where u pull alot of G's

so it got me to thinking is it possible that i broke the fork before this crash and the ammount of force going down tweaked my front wheel.

cause i ended up flying over a berm that youve just come off a steep chute, and i could never put together what went wrong one seccnod i was flying into the berm the next head, hip, forearm. and then the tumble.

so really im just looking for two things 1 how much do new lowers cost,

and 2 is it possible i broke my fork even slightly cracked it and the force of railing the berm was the last straw, cause i didint hit anything and it was like i steered right into the berm.

the forks broken right on the arch motion control side.
Man, that is one long run on sentence. :twitch:
I apologize if English is not your native language. But if it is, wow.....

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Bummer, but it happens. Every major fork manufacturer sees their fair share of breaks every year. When you cast mag you always run the risk of voids.
Also, if you perhaps had crashed before and twisted the fork a small but unnoticed amount, it could've essentially been "loaded" in a certain direction, and then the high g's of the berm just finished it off. I've seen many cracks that were honest JRA's - just riding along. They had just been loaded or damaged previously, and then it only requires a small event to kill it. Kind of like your ACL in your knee.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
man that really sucks bout your fork. The exact same thing happened with my stance kingpins last year... ****test fork ever. but i came out of it with a severe concussion, broken coller bone and a broken shoulder blade. so for all my pain manitou sent me a dorado. so look into trying to get them warrientied.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
sweet, yea it dosent look like its from impact there are no scuffs around the damage and its the side that would be oppisite of cable rub if there were any.

i just wonder about the crash now because, now that i look back i just see no way i couldhave crashed in this spot the way i did unless the fork broke and the force steered me into the berm.

and this is a spot of trail which is real fast alway no brake, so if i was to go down i would think about washing out on the berm not flying out of control into a death crash.

anyway im gonna send the fork to them as one piece because my motion control just blew up recently, so maby this was the biking gods telling get off your lazy ass and send in the moco unit. cause i doubt i wouldhave done it, the rag ziptied on top really dose the job.