Quantcast

Crashed today, lets compare

snoopz666

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
now residing in kamloops
so im in kamloops last spring break, my first time riding rose hill. i met up will a group of locals , they said theyd show me around. So not even a minute in a go around a blind corner and BAM rockgarden. I manage somehow to clear the rockgarden but on the other side i go off the trail hit a fallen tree,over the bar, and lawndart/scorpion a tree. i picked my self up and managed to catch up with them, i felt bad because they were waiting for me for a while. i finish the run(i crashed one more time on the way down but it was sand so not a bad one.) anyways i go to my doc a week later because my backs still hurting quite a bit. he said its probobly just pulled ligiments so just rest it but get some xrays just incase. so i get a phonecall the next day and it turns out a crushed T4 prety bad, he said it was amazing i was able to keep riding.

RotoRooter

Chimp
Feb 21, 2006
Anyone who's ridden the Moab Rim can appreciate this. There is no trail, just slickrock. It's a matter of picking a line and going. Back in '03, I'm riding with Lance Canfield and friends up on the (then) lift-served Moab Rim. Me and some other fiends were cut off by some slower riders and we lost sight of our group. When they pulled over to let us pass, I asked them which way the rest of our group had gone, and they pointed right and down. Well, right and down is where I went, and I could see the group waiting a ways off down below. Well, the way the slower riders pointed was the general direction of where the group WAS, not the way they had gone. I came up on a 7 foot ledge with too little speed and realized how big the drop was far too late. Landed flat on my face on solid rock. Lance comes up later and says, "I saw your line, and I was thinking, 'What's he doing?' I wouldn't have even ridden that."

I cut the corner of my mouth, and had a nasty headache, but was otherwise okay. The helmet shots speak for themselves. The mouthguard broke all the way through in 3 places (as it should have) and my goggles were wasted:)

Attachments

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
i was messing around on a rainy day and skidded on wet grass and fell over and my foot was laying on the ground planted and when i rolled over it just dislocated and broke off the growth plate and spiral fractured the lower part of my tibia. i was going really slow and rolled over once and it just happend somehow.- i rode home, but didnt put much pressure on it though. i drink milk all the time, i dont know how this happend

i was also riding at tamarack this summer and came cruising up to a little skinny rock drop that was like 5 feet high and my front tire fell over the side and i did a 20mph endo over the edge of the drop and rolled and stuff and i did not get hurt one bit at all.

two more weeks and i can walk again:happydance:

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
the hikers that passed me didn't even ask if i was hurt...
I hear you man, don't you just hate it when you are limping, visibly bleeding, and pushing your bike and no one even asks if you are okay ?

First off, I was hitting about a 20 foot gap across a trail, its a low but fast and long hit right after about 5 little rollers. More or less a non existant landing. Scrub trees to the left gigantic oak tree to the right. Soft leafy-organic dirt, and I washed out the front, the bike proceeded to tackle me right in the head and sliced my back open real bad on a rock. I then layed there mouth full of dirt, head throbbing, bike layin on my back.