Quantcast

CRC Intense photos

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
So Matti Lehikoinen, Chris Kovarik and Claire Buchar all got re-routed from the volcanic deal so they decided to come down to Intense for a week and test. I do not have photos of them on the brand new bike, but some pump track pics on the new TazerVP and some DH on the 951.

Had a great time with all them and got a lot of feedback from having them in town. I had a massacre going on with my back so getting super dialed shots was difficult, but I am close to 100% again haha.

Full gallery of Pics:
http://www.intensecycles.com/stikman/crc_pumptrack/

http://www.intensecycles.com/stikman/crc_elsinore/

Couple of my faves:

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Man I thought that trail had seen some accelerated "erosion" due to tons of use and I guess I know why now.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Amazing photos...Are you going to select WC races covering CRC?

Another question is: Is Jeff Steber working in a video? Or is just for fun....
I am going to maribor or fort william, looking at flights now and I would cover everyone on Intense Cycles.
Jeff was at the pump track with the video.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Awesome shots Craig! Those guys are awesome to shoot with.

Mind telling me which lens you used in shot 2? Beautiful.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
DHR sales are down so Maxxis paid him an undisclosed sum to have photos taken which clearly show the DHR on the front. The internets are going crazy and there has all ready been a 10% sales increase over night. In a related story; glove sales have fallen through the floor.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
What is he boosting off of in the first photo? Is the trail gullied out and he charged up the side like a mini half pipe? Nice shots BTW.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Why run a Minion DHR in the front?
really? seriously?

WTF does it matter if the tire has a R or F on it? it's not proprietary.
it's a tire made of rubber and, *GASP*, works equally well on either front or real wheels.
IMO, the DHR actually runs better on the front than the DHF.

and if you are ______ enough to believe that it doesn't perform as well as a F or R tire, then I guess Maxxis succeded in their marketing strategy to get you buy two totally different tires for the same reason. congrats.

and now, back to the bad@ss photos please.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
What is he boosting off of in the first photo? Is the trail gullied out and he charged up the side like a mini half pipe? Nice shots BTW.
Its a triple that I am about 60% of the way down on, you can't see the take off because it all blends in the dirt/shot.
If that made any sense?
And thanks for the compliments everyone, Was not my best work, it's been a struggle shooting and working with a herniated disc, sciatica, or whatever the F I have going on.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
really? seriously?

WTF does it matter if the tire has a R or F on it? it's not proprietary.
it's a tire made of rubber and, *GASP*, works equally well on either front or real wheels.
IMO, the DHR actually runs better on the front than the DHF.

and if you are ______ enough to believe that it doesn't perform as well as a F or R tire, then I guess Maxxis succeded in their marketing strategy to get you buy two totally different tires for the same reason. congrats.

and now, back to the bad@ss photos please.

It was just a simple question/observation.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I think "simple" could easily be replaced with quite a few other adjectives.

it's just a tire :rofl:
Have you ever ran a DHR in the front? I know the F and R don't stand for front and rear, nor do I care. I had one on my front wheel for a few months riding lift assisted trails. They sketched me out. This was in loose, rocky conditions and I don't think I've ever spent so much time hanging my foot off the side of my bike as I did with that tire.

It's a valid question. I was thinking maybe it works well on dry hard pack or something like that given where they were riding. It would be interesting to hear the answer.

Of course it could also be "because all our other tires are in europe and Intense had some of these lying around the shop" sort of answer.