Quantcast

Crested Butte roll call

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
Any of you ladies going to Crested Butte for Fat Tire Bike Week? And/or the Wildflower Rush? I'll be there (and the WickedChickenz Studio is helping to sponsor the FTBW too!!) I am looking forward to getting out of this nasty humid heat here.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
I'll be there for the Wildflower rush. I hear the DH course is kinda silly, like you don't even need a DH bike to ride it. Never been there for DH so I wouldn't know what to expect but I do know the XC trails there are awesome.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Although I am not a lady, I will be there with the rest of the RPM crew... stop by and say hey if you're going!

The DH is quite tame compared to Angel Fire, but it's still REALLY fun. It's pedally and has lots of fun turns - it'll test your endurance and cornering ability rather than how much of an @ss-whoopin' you can take (a la Chile Challenge).

See ya thurrrr!

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Hmmm...maybe a 6" bike would suit the course.....better bring both just in case.

Hopefully all the XC and CX I've been riding will help out :rolleyes:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
anyone do the chainless race?

tell me about it if you please.

alex morgan

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
bcd said:
anyone do the chainless race?

tell me about it if you please.

alex morgan
It's fun but not really hard at all. You basically coast down a road for a long time. If you're on a sketchy cruiser or some whacked out custom rig the final turn can be a bit sketchy but if you're running a mountain bike it's pretty much a breeze.