Quantcast

cro-mo hardtail?

leo

Chimp
Feb 8, 2004
israel
im looking out for new hardtail and i was thinking cro-mo.
mostley for street riding and a little dj's.
what do you guys say?
thanks.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I ride a DOC, but IMO the best street/park/dj bike out there is the Black Market MOB. Jumped on a friends that he just built and couldnt believe the difference...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I ride a DOC, but IMO the best street/park/dj bike out there is the Black Market MOB. Jumped on a friends that he just built and couldnt believe the difference...
What he said.

I've got a doc too but if I needed another bike and didn't mind dropping the money, I'd get a mob. Those things ride like a dream.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
shameless promotion but they have some unique features i haven't seen anywhere else
Commencal Absolut Crmo
full sleeve wrap downtube and bb gussets (not welded plates), the vertical drops with derailleur hanger, 24/26" rear end and big BMX drop outs

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Just curious, what was it about the MOB that you liked better than the DOC? Thanks

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
don't forget about the transition trail-or-park. there is also the surly insigator (sp). there is alway the BMW park bike (although i don't like it). there are also many others out there as well

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Do you want a crappy chinese or taiwanese bike, or something made in the USA that is a few hundred dollars more expensive? What kind of geometry and features (singlespeed, discs,v's, gears) are you looking for?

Thacker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
I have a supercross MX26 and I love it....by far the best urban/DJ frame I have rode....the bike has great geometry, it's really light, and very strong....

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
SuspectDevice said:
Do you want a crappy chinese or taiwanese bike, or something made in the USA that is a few hundred dollars more expensive? What kind of geometry and features (singlespeed, discs,v's, gears) are you looking for?

Now, just because a bike is made in Taiwan dosent mean that it is poor quality.