Quantcast

CU Boulder DH course - 10/14

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
For all the collegiate racers out there with no clue about what CU is doing for the DH. I know that it will be held on Saturday, October 14. It's up in Golden Gate State Park. Here's the lowdown on the course:

This trail has a few moderately technical sections (think the rocky section of Apex) with a lot of fireroad and smooth single track in between. I took pictures of only the main features, which were few and far between. There are two climbs on the course - the first of which is fairly easy to pedal up, the second however, eats all of your speed.

Bike wise - just about anything will do. I'd recommend something with about 5 inches of travel. The full on dh was way overkill. I think it's been renamed a "super-d", but I'm not 100% on that as we haven't seen a flyer yet.

Here are the pics:

Near the start

The most technical part of this trail, easily done

Uphill #1

These next two pictures show a fun section. You're really flying through here.

Uphill #2, Part 1

Uphill #2, Part 2

The only "drop" in the course - it's about 1 foot tall

.thumper.

Chimp
Dec 17, 2005
For all the collegiate racers out there with no clue about what CU is doing for the DH. I know that it will be held on Saturday, October 14. It's up in Golden Gate State Park. Here's the lowdown on the course:

This trail has a few moderately technical sections (think the rocky section of Apex) with a lot of fireroad and smooth single track in between. I took pictures of only the main features, which were few and far between. There are two climbs on the course - the first of which is fairly easy to pedal up, the second however, eats all of your speed.

Bike wise - just about anything will do. I'd recommend something with about 5 inches of travel. The full on dh was way overkill. I think it's been renamed a "super-d", but I'm not 100% on that as we haven't seen a flyer yet.

Here are the pics:

Near the start

The most technical part of this trail, easily done

Uphill #1

These next two pictures show a fun section. You're really flying through here.

Uphill #2, Part 1

Uphill #2, Part 2

The only "drop" in the course - it's about 1 foot tall
The Super-D was super-bad-ass. Good times - glad I attended. Does anyone know if the results will be posted online somewhere? I didn't hang around once the rain / snow started to see all the results.