Quantcast

curious about riding oregon lift assisted

shuttlefever

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
Enumclaw Wa.
Hey all,
Myself and a couple of friends are looking to try to do a 1 or 2 day run to somewhere semi-local to seattle. have heard mixed reports about silver, and have not heard too much about oregon riding. Whats this years scoop?? is there anything in northern oregon worth hitting?? Whistler is getting too rock-star ish. Still fun to ride there but want somthing new to hit. Whaddya think????
Shuttlefever~

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Yo, any suggestions for getting to mt hood from the portland airport? I'm flying in in august and need to get to the timberline lodge somehow (read cheap).

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
I went and rode silver this weekend. I would say pass on it. It was fun but not worth the drive over from spokane let alone seattle.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Whistler is arguably the mountain biking mecca of the WORLD and is 4-7 hours away from most in the NW.
It doesn't get any better than that!

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Whistler is arguably the mountain biking mecca of the WORLD and is 4-7 hours away from most in the NW.
It doesn't get any better than that!
Yeah, it's also pretty dang expensive too though!

Silver star is supposed to be pretty cool, but further away, 6-7 hrs, and I heard Sun Peaks was closing to bikes...

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Next best bet for lift assested is silver star and sun peaks. If your worried about expensie at whistler just camp and bring your own beer and food.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Silver star is supposed to be pretty cool, but further away, 6-7 hrs, and I heard Sun Peaks was closing to bikes...

Sunpeaks has a full crew rocking the trails this year and have reshaped steam shovel (their jumpy jump trail), as well as reworked quite a bit of other stuff that people complained about. Sadly, we skipped on the peaks to ride SS an extra day and from the reports I was hearing, we missed out. In a few weeks we won't make that mistake twice.

Silverstar is pretty raped as of this recent weekend. But interior+vpsfest/canada day weekend+little to no rain = studder bumps. Not to say it wasn't a blast (it surely was) but people need to realize that Whistler is groomed in comparison when it comes to braking/studder bumps. Silverstar has little->no tech...tis all about jumping, highspeeds and cornering.

...I mean, both suck and everyone should stick to Whistler...the lines-ups at both interior resorts are worse than a sunny saturday with no gondy running at whistler.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Silverstar is fun. Lake Kalamalka (sp?) is really close and has some fun cliff jumping and swimming.

Mt Washington on Vancouver Island is also supposed to be good, actually the whole island is supposed to have good riding; but I've never rode there.

I was in Nelson BC last summer and rode a little bit and it was really fun. My brother crashed and messed up his bike so we didn't get to ride as much as we wanted. Nelson might be a little too far from Seattle for a weekend trip, it also doesn't have any lifts, but still fun.

killowatt

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Rainier, Oregon
Silverstar is fun. Lake Kalamalka (sp?) is really close and has some fun cliff jumping and swimming.

Mt Washington on Vancouver Island is also supposed to be good, actually the whole island is supposed to have good riding; but I've never rode there.

I was in Nelson BC last summer and rode a little bit and it was really fun. My brother crashed and messed up his bike so we didn't get to ride as much as we wanted. Nelson might be a little too far from Seattle for a weekend trip, it also doesn't have any lifts, but still fun.
I think someone needs to read the title to this thread.:bonk:

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I think someone needs to read the title to this thread.:bonk:
I realized after I wrote it that it said Oregon, but I figured BC is close and other people mentioned it. I think the original poster also said somewhere close enough for a weekend trip, so...