Quantcast

Current 1.5 Forks

djb

Monkey
Apr 6, 2006
VanCity
Marzocchi 66 comes in 1.5 as well.
But I don't think many shops stock them, so they'd have to be ordered.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I like how everyone is suggesting forks without knowing what bike it's going on, or how it's going to be ridden. :bonk:

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
I like how everyone is suggesting forks without knowing what bike it's going on, or how it's going to be ridden. :bonk:
well considering pretty much all of them are long travel freeride forks
I think we have an idea of there use:clapping:
and also he was just asking for a listing of the current 1.5 forks.
I think the 1.5 66's only came on bikes as an oem spec, but I could be wrong

bigdonut

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
PHX
Didn't know the 66 came in 1.5. Thinking of getting a Bottle Rocket frame and wanted to know what 1.5 forks I could put on. Only looking for forks that I can purchase new. Not a whole lot of selection but at least it's not only Manitou that's makin' em.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Rode the 1.5 66 last night on My buddies BR. True and honest opinion. I could NOT tell any difference in stiffness or rigity between the 1 1/8 and the 1 1/2. From my inch and an eigth to his inch and a half they felt exactly the same. So with that said, Instead of looking all over for a 1.5 66, i would suggest just getting the 1 1/8 and a reducer headset and be on your merry way

bigdonut

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
PHX
Yeah, I'm not set on 1.5, I just wanted to know what was available. I guess if I would have read the specs on Transitions site I would have seen that the 66 they have is 1.5.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
it all depends on your preferrence. the 1.5 offers more strenth in the headtube of the frame as well as added stiffness in the fork. i am currently building a K2 tirade 6.0. i asm going to be putting a 1 1/8 fork on it. going to be pletty strong. on my trek session7 i am running travis 180. perfectly matched for the bike. marzocchi has alway made quality long travel fork, and they seem to only get better with every new season. so i say don't limit yourself.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Personally I like the way the BR feels with a 36 and a zero stack headset. I wouldn't want to go any slacker if you're trail riding with it at all. If you're going to be doing DH runs where you have to earn your trips down, somthing like the Totem 2 Step would be perfect. If you're going to shuttle, a Totem coil or Solo Air, 66, etc would be sweet.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Personally I like the way the BR feels with a 36 and a zero stack headset. I wouldn't want to go any slacker if you're trail riding with it at all. If you're going to be doing DH runs where you have to earn your trips down, somthing like the Totem 2 Step would be perfect. If you're going to shuttle, a Totem coil or Solo Air, 66, etc would be sweet.
Simpel resonce, 66, rc2 ETA. climbing long travel fork:banana: