Quantcast

current whistler closures?

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
any whistlerites (ash?) care to update me on what trails are closed currently. will be heading up this weekend and hoping the remains of freight train are still open............thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I just got back last night, and for the most part all the trails were open. A small section of No Joke was closed right before containers and Upper Crank it Up was closed when they removed a road gap from the DH races. For some reason Upper Whistler DH was closed for most of the afternoon too, but I think it reopened towards the end of the day. Sea to Sky was closed due to a construction accident for most of Monday morning, so I was pretty much the only one riding the park. Can't beat walk up lift lines and runs where you don't see a single other person.

I gotta say that the bike park was better than it ever was... the new entrance to Lower Joyride is amazing.

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
I just got back last night, and for the most part all the trails were open. A small section of No Joke was closed right before containers

so is the step-up to the container on freight train open?
otherwise thanks for responding..........

I gotta say that the bike park was better than it ever was... the new entrance to Lower Joyride is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Tonic

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Seattle, WA
To be more specific, the upper part, from the lift to the huge step-down/step-up is open. Then from the containers all the way to top of Dirt Merchant is open.

The entire middle section of Freight Train has been demolished. It's a bummer when you're riding along and you see the bridge step-down still standing, but the berms and jumps are bulldozed. There's now a bit (re: 100 feet) of a pedal or hike up where they divert you from the middle section.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The mountain is all open except for a small part of Freight Train. I got back yesterday.

Manager drop.... I thought it was a roller.

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
The mountain is all open except for a small part of Freight Train. I got back yesterday.

what is the small part? the container box???? i heard it was shut and if so i'll be madder than a wet hen! ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle

Manager drop.... I thought it was a roller.
It's actually called the Manager's Rock. I found it less sketch to drop than roll but yeah, it is a roll.

That feature is closed more than it is open so it shouldn't really matter :)

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
They are only running the Fitz chair on the weekends now, so you'll have to stand in line with the rest mashed 3 abreast into the gondola. Oh well, it's a good way to meet other riders. There's also a nasty rumor they may shut down Garbanzo chair midweek. I left around 1 this afternoon and I don't think it had opened yet?