Quantcast

custom frames

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I know that Zumbi does custom DH bikes for a small cost above one of their normal Small/Medium/Large frames...

I don't know if they do custom hardtails, though. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
nicolai makes every frame with custom geometry
Not really true. The ion's don't have that option. Asked nicolai about it and they don't do it in custom but the adjustments are fine. You can get 63.5HA with 13.05'' (YES 13.05!!) BB height so I think even the most slack fans would be happy with them ;)

Asking zumbi about their frame is a great idea. Pawel is a great guy and I think he will be glad to help.

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
the purgatory bikes look like real sturdy bikes, but im wondering if he will make me a steel hardtail.
I would prefer something with square tubing. so basically just a frame that I can beat the crap out of, and still be able to ride away.

I looked at nicolai, and none of there bikes really got me interested. I dont know why, but I def. wouldnt spend $5000 on a frame I didnt really like just by looking at it.

I e-mailed the simple cycles co guy, but I think I am going to call him, as it would be easier to explain what I want.

are there any others out there?

I appreciate your help

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Not really true. The ion's don't have that option. Asked nicolai about it and they don't do it in custom but the adjustments are fine. You can get 63.5HA with 13.05'' (YES 13.05!!) BB height so I think even the most slack fans would be happy with them ;)

Asking zumbi about their frame is a great idea. Pawel is a great guy and I think he will be glad to help.
sure? there is the tailor option for the ion st on their site, it says:

TAILOR
_Tailor Made Frames

It is possible to order a frame that is personally tailored to your personal needs and requirements. Most things are possible within the constraints of sense and technical feasibility. You should already be skilled with frame geometry and have given serious consideration to the subject before you order a tailored frame. Satisfaction or money back is not possible a with a tailored frame.
cost 330,- exta...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I've mailed them about the ION tailoring. They told me that they don't do it because of some mumbo jumbo tech thingy and then told me the adjustable geo on the susp should be just fine.

Chris-P

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
Don't see why you would need "custom geo" on the ION when they are quite adjustable as standard.
Pic attached is of a "non standard" ION-ST.
Frame size is large but with top and seat tubes dropped to give extra standover clearance. This bike does not have the engraved gussets at the seat tube as others.

Attachments