Quantcast

Custom Grip Beta Test!

Dec 27, 2008
Hey everyone, I’m newbie here and would like your opinion on something.
I work for a company out of Bellingham Wa. called FastCap and we’re Beta testing an amazing new product called “MY GRIP! ” It’s a special rubberized material that you heat in hot water for 1min, wrap around your bike grips for a custom grip and squeeze. Once fully cooled (5-10min) you’ll have a hardened rubber grip that’s perfectly molded to your hand! For a limited time I’m looking for anyone interested in trying these out for FREE! Just shoot me an email with a preferred shipping address and I’ll send them to you. The only thing I need from you is your feedback ASAP and any suggestions to help us better our products! To see more on the product and how it’s used you can go to www.Fastcap.com , Vimeo.com or YouTube and type in Fastcap MY GRIP . Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!
LAAAAAATRR!
Marc

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Spamming is not allowed. This thread is only being left up because you are offering something to the members here. Anyone who is requesting this product should post in the thread so we can actually make sure you get them (and not treat these guys like every other spammer).

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Solid idea horse, but this particular technology is not really apllicable to bike riding of any kind, especially DH/XC/etc... we all tend to move our hands from position to position on the bars depending on what one is doing at that particular moment. Cornering, rough stuff, jumps, turn-bars! Etc...Sorry horse, stick with hammers.

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
Wondered the same, the hands move a lot and having a piece of rubber molded on a certain hand position doesn't sound comfortable.

My kid and I are willing to given them a try.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
It sounds like the material they use for cheap at home "custom fit" dental appliances (tooth whitening trays, anti-snore mouthpiece, etc). Those aren't hard plastic but as mentioned people move their hands around on the grips.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Color fade, durability, comfort...

Will they wear so much after use that you get blisters in between your fingers from the grooves that form by your hands constantly moving over the grips. What . Also, what about us twist shifter users...:banana:

It just doesn't sound conventional for biking.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
another company had these before, I had seen an article in a magazine a while ago, maybe MBA, nobody seemed to buy them back then and prolly won't now IMO.

I will continue to buy lock-on grips that are round and are very easy to install.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
fraser = internet police...

no really innovation is good but nothing will beat lock on systems...they just work and you never have to worry about them...i am interested in this for my laptop computer bag handle:banana:

b-b00gie

Chimp
Dec 1, 2003
I have no interest in these but man, some of you need to at least read what was posted.

These are not hard or plastic - clearly states they are rubber, you heat it during molding and then it "hardens" to its permanent shape. Does not mean its hard or plastic.

These are also not replacements for your grips - they go around your grips to provide a personalized grip.

Personally, I'm not interested and dont care to even try them but some people need to at least read what was offered and if you're curious, try them.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I think this is the exact material a sports mouth gaurd is made out of. That kind that you boil in water and you bite it to make an impression only they are using a bit softer of a compound.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'm somewhat interested... I like how it goes over your existing grips, making them a bit thicker.
I have monster sized hands, and find even Ourys to be on the thin side.