Quantcast

Custom Kermit TR450

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Just built her up. Waaay brighter than I imagined but awesome fun to ride.

Thanks to dropnzone for the custom colours. Will post pics of it getting scratched and muddy pronto.

edit*
In case anyone is wondering...

Nevegals with Maxxis DH tubes on Alex Supra rims.
Sram shifting, Saint brakes and cranks. Everything else is run of the mill.

Needs new rotors, chainstay protection and proper spring perches for the obtanium spring, but otherwise she's ready to race

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Lookin sweet man, keen to see her in the flesh.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Schaweeet! I like the color and matching boxxer. :thumb: My gawd those bars look wide, what lenght? May just be the angle of the shot. Regardless, super nice looking ride.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Bars are 760mm. Pretty wide but not the widest out there for sure. The front end on this bike is really nice and low. Lower than my old Sunday and DHR. Will be keen to get some timed runs on it before our season starts.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Is it really important to hav savings?

Really?

Like, if my 401k and bank account added up to 8$, would that be so bad if I had some toys?

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Looks like a lot of steer.

That bike looks nice. You weigh it yet?
Haven't weighed it yet, but the powdercoated TR450 frame is definitely more porky than my old Turner. I'd guess about 40lbs as she sits now. Will post a weight when I've got something more accurate than my housemate's WiiFit to weigh it on :)

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Just got back from an afternoon of runs on the TR450. Daaaaaamn that thing is awesome. First couple of runs were slowish but the bike felt good, but then put the geo chip in the slackest\lowest setting and let rip. Still need to set the shock up a wee bit better for a sequence of harsh rocky hits on our local trails, but pushing the frame into corners and letting it slide to the outside feels brilliant. I'm not sure if the BB setting might be a bit too low, but I had no issues today. Feels like I'm getting all the travel out of the frame but no harsh bottom out yet, although there were only a couple of hard hits on the track I rode today.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
First couple of runs were slowish but the bike felt good, but then put the geo chip in the slackest\lowest setting and let rip.
Just curious, where exactly is the geo chip? I didn't know it had one and there weren't any detailed photos of it on their site. It is in the link that drives the shock?