Quantcast

Custom MG Flight 112 Brooklyn Machine Works Park Bike

what a lame concept. somehow, i just knew,when Ferrell bought into the company, it would turn into an urban gimmick. only to end up in rap videos and have the boutiqueness of the bmw's tossed right into the sh!tter...

brooklyn bikes are gonna end up at wallmart soon...

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what a lame concept. somehow, i just knew,when Ferrell bought into the company, it would turn into an urban gimmick. only to end up in rap videos and have the boutiqueness of the bmw's tossed right into the sh!tter...
you knew this, and so did, ohhhh a lot of other people. I'm kinda surprised it took less than a year for it to start...

you knew this, and so did, ohhhh a lot of other people...
i don't remember any discussion nor did i participate in any, it's just my little "i told you so" to myself i guess. i find it funny because i was actually saving up for a race-link before i heard doc was stepping away. it first i was still going to go the bmw route, but i am clearly stoked to not have done so. with this new introduction, i would have had to take it out back and bash it with a hammer till it was in small pieces and just thrown away the junk...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i don't remember any discussion nor did i participate in any, it's just my little "i told you so" to myself i guess. i find it funny because i was actually saving up for a race-link before i heard doc was stepping away. it first i was still going to go the bmw route, but i am clearly stoked to not have done so. with this new introduction, i would have had to take it out back and bash it with a hammer till it was in small pieces and just thrown away the junk...

ahhh. we had the discussion in question over the in the DH forum

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Guess DJ's shouldn't DJ(or ride street) then? I'll also call Ferrari up later to let em know lots of non-race car drivers, even rappers, are rolling around in their work. I'll post up with their response later...

That being said, its not my style bike either. I like em cleaner, lighter, more mono tone, but its not my bike.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Eccentric BB on a DJ/Park bike, why? That makes no sense at all.

Edit: Does it also have Horz. dropouts
you can effectively shorten the chainstay length by turning the cups. frame does have horz drops. its a really out dated frame, i still have mine from '01. they should have used the ACL. that production frame is nice.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
No, no. Keep doing stuff like this. Then maybe I can finally get mine sold.

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
looks like the redline fade paintjob. doesn't giant do the stp in a highlighter -> black fade?
i thought bmw did some streetwear (addict, recon, etc) collabos before pharrell bought in.
y'all are making me feel like my park bike is old and played..
i still like the way it rides.

pastcaring

Chimp
Nov 22, 2006
brooklyn have always done collaboration. they did supreme and recon a long time before pharrel was involved.

i personally think the bike and the shoes look s**t, but i'm sure brooklyn had nothing to do with the paint?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
there really isn't that much originality in that bike.
more namebrands please.

spend more money.

nike shoes.

wear more money.

designer douche.

raise the price.

cool.

spend even more money.

female dogs.

dolce gaybanana. :banana:
(Unfortunately traditional bicycle tubing and design is not yet large enough for thier logos to be plastered on, but all in good time I'm sure.)