Quantcast

Custom Painted Boxxer

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Spleen - NICE work on those flames man... :blah:

I would've just left em' white, they look soo cool.

Say - Do you do 50's style hot-rod pin striping? Kinda like the stuff in the vain of Big Daddy Roth?

Bitchin' job!

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
All I can think of is the Starsky and Hutch Scene;

Big Earl(Will Ferell): "Tell him to arch his back and then...and then look back at me, mean. Like a...like a dragon."

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
That looks very nice! I would be interested in having you paint my fork. You are a few hours away from me, but I would have no problem coming to you, in order to have my fork painted.

spleenless

Chimp
May 27, 2005
Yucaipa, Ca
DHS said:
what are you using for clear coat?
House of Kolor UFC-35.
"This product is a 3.5 VOC, National Rule and SCAQMD Rule 1151
compliant product. It may be used to topcoat any of our urethane or
polyurethane enamels, or any of our SHIMRIN® Base Coats. UFC-35 gives
an ultrahigh gloss finish with good abrasion resistance, is very
flexible and polishes and buffs easily. Requires KU-150 Catalyst and
Kosmic Reducer.

spleenless

Chimp
May 27, 2005
Yucaipa, Ca
blt2ride said:
That looks very nice! I would be interested in having you paint my fork. You are a few hours away from me, but I would have no problem coming to you, in order to have my fork painted.
No problem. Let me know what you want on it and when. And we'll work something out.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
That boxxer will look rad. Good job dude :thumb:

How much did your airbrush setup cost? What would something basic to get started be? Is it just an air compressor with an attachment?

spleenless

Chimp
May 27, 2005
Yucaipa, Ca
Dirtbike said:
That boxxer will look rad. Good job dude :thumb:

How much did your airbrush setup cost? What would something basic to get started be? Is it just an air compressor with an attachment?
I have about 600.00 in 2 airbrushes, 200.00 in a clearcoat gun, 100.00 for a buffer, and of course the compressor.
There are cheaper ways of doing it. You can get an inexpensive airbrush for around 50.00 but, this is definately one of those cases where you get what you pay for.