Quantcast

Cyclocross Bike Help

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
The shop where I just bought my Scott CX Team also deals Felt and Redline, so I test rode the Felt that you're looking at...The one drawback (and the only difference in ride quality for me!) was the sizing (6'7"!!). The Felt was too small for me (even in the largest size) and wouldn't work well as a roadie. The Scott was much better fitted to me. The Redline they had was big enough (I can't remember the model though!! D'oh!) but just didn't feel right....I couldn't put my finger on it in the 20 minutes I tooled around on it for....

Sooooo...out of your choices, I'd go Felt (if you're not a behemoth like me).

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
The shop where I just bought my Scott CX Team also deals Felt and Redline, so I test rode the Felt that you're looking at...The one drawback (and the only difference in ride quality for me!) was the sizing (6'7"!!). The Felt was too small for me (even in the largest size) and wouldn't work well as a roadie. The Scott was much better fitted to me. The Redline they had was big enough (I can't remember the model though!! D'oh!) but just didn't feel right....I couldn't put my finger on it in the 20 minutes I tooled around on it for....

Sooooo...out of your choices, I'd go Felt (if you're not a behemoth like me).
Thanks for the input. If you think of it elaborate on the drawbacks you found on the redline.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i have a conquest from ~ 3 or 4 years ago. it is 'rattle your teeth out' rigid. great for a race bike, crappy for longish touring rides.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Thanks for the input. If you think of it elaborate on the drawbacks you found on the redline.
Well...the more I think about it now (painfully slow here at work...).....The more I believe that it was the Conquest Pro that they had in the shop. It came down to body position for me. I didn't know the specs at the time, so I wasn't biased in that respect, but I felt more comfy on the Scott. It was easier to handle, a little more stable and I felt more in the 'attack' position. When weight shifting for corners, I felt more confident on the Scott. *shrug*

Found it! The Scott sits at a 71/73 while the Redline is 73/72. Hmmm....never seen a ratio like the redline before....then again, I'm kinda new to this....

Huh...just checked the angles for the Felt... 72/73.5 in the largest size...whacky....I guess it's all about how it feels and not measurements, cause the Felt matched up with the Scott in 'feel' just about equal (barring size limitations!). Wierd. :banana: