Quantcast

Dakine pickup pad install

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
They velcro to the sides in an absolutely useless place. Put them in the pockets and forget it ever came with them.

Send-it

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Santa Monica
They connect to the Velcro to overlap the side of the truck bed and body to protect it from pedals and 'tards throwing their bike in the bed.

BlackAthlete

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
I figured out how they work but I still am not going to run them as I am not a tard of any sort.

I may be a nigga but that don't mean I is stoopid.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Thread resurrection.

How's the Dakine Pickup Pad doing? Good. Bad. WTF?

I am thinking about getting one but I've heard that dust gets inbetween the pad and the tailgate and scratches the poo outta the paint.

Either way, I am tired of having my Sportworks rack on the back of my truck. I have a quad cab Dodge and have a black diamond plate toolbox that sits in the bed and not on the rails.

Tying the bike down means it goes diaganol and gear goes around it. Me thinks the Dakine pick up pad a very good thing to have.

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
ive had one for a few months and its been pretty good a few points would be:

Pros: easy to install, black looks good, the padding is soft enough to let your bike sit into in and not move much, the "wings" work if you are cramming in too many bikes, it has saved bike/truck from tons of scratches, it makes loading lots of bikes easy and pretty safe.

Cons: If you tighten the straps too much you can rip them outta the pad(did it!), after using for a while pedals/ect may tear the exterior a bit, the hole for the tail gate handle may not be really easy with your truck as i have to reach down below the hole to open the tailgate.

thats about it, i got mine for $50 i think and it was worth it, i was happy with the overall performance, ive used it in wet/dry and there are no paint scratches under the pad. all in all it is a easy/quick/inexpensive way to load lots of bike in your trcuk and still have lots of bed space for people/storage :)

Last edited:

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Yeah it's too big for my truck. It was intended for a full size dodge.

You around northstar this weekend?
Not this weekend. Baby's mama going to Vegas and I staying home.

I'll be up the 22nd through the 24th. I can pay for shipping unless you too tired to ship it.