Quantcast

Dallas, TX - Big Cedar Freeride Trails lotsa pics

addomg

Chimp
Apr 29, 2010
texas
Finally have enough built that it is worth mentioning. Not a destination spot, but good for a day trip if close or if you happen to be driving through Dallas or in town for business. Trails are legal and open to the public thanks to the generosity of Mountain Creek Church which allows use of their land and DORBA the official mtb trail steward. Located in south Dallas. Specific info/directions here: http://www.dorba2.com/trail/big-cedar-wilderness-trails

Big Cedar currently has 9 miles (constantly growing) of great xc trails, 3 rock pits for trials riders, dirt jump area, and 2 downhill freeride trails. Like the xc trails, freeride trails aren't finished yet, but both are about 1/4 mile long now with berms, wood features, and jumps.

So come out and session.

A couple trials pit pics.

Freeride Trail #1 is named Pitbull these are current features from top to current ending point:

The 2nd freeride trail is named Crazy Stain, again features from top to current ending point.

Dirt Jump pictures - roll in is shanty but solid.

Jeromev

Chimp
Jun 16, 2009
Long Island
This place looks cool. The first picture of freeride trail 1, do you go up that or down that? I can't tell if that gate at the end opens or not. Is this near the Fort Worth area?

addomg

Chimp
Apr 29, 2010
texas
The first picture of freeride trail 1, do you go up that or down that? I can't tell if that gate at the end opens or not. Is this near the Fort Worth area?
Gate opens, its a drop. Church asked us to put gate/combo lock to help filter random individuals/kids getting in over their heads. It is located just south of 20 in south Dallas. Probably 25 minutes from ft worth (assuming no traffic).

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
I have to get out there one of these weekends, place looks great and from Houston its not too far.

airraid17

Chimp
Jun 14, 2010
Rode here this past weekend. Had a BLAST!! I'm new to riding and have only rode a small urban trail before this. I think I've been spoiled by the condition of Big Cedar. I was amazed by the Pitbull trail.

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
I can't wait for this rain to go away, maybe I can head up there this weekend. Is this downhill area close to the entrance?

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
Not too far away... have you been here to ride XC before?
No I have never been up there, I must say you guys do awesome work. If the weather permits I might head up there this weekend, when do you guys usually have a session.

slopoke

Chimp
Jun 17, 2009
Tx
No I have never been up there, I must say you guys do awesome work. If the weather permits I might head up there this weekend, when do you guys usually have a session.
Im planning on being there from 9am-12pm both days. Not 100% sure on attendence from others yet. The most common sessions seem to be saturday mornings. We keep a lock on the drop up top, so if you want to hit it, you need to meet one of us out there. Other than that, all features are rideable and fun fun fun! :thumb: If you come out, make sure you fill out a waiver at the trailhead. directions are here:

http://www.dorba2.com/trail/big-cedar-wilderness-trails