Quantcast

Damn Criminals

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Just an fyi - My bike as well as my neighbor's bike were stolen from our town homes last night. Mine was locked on my tulle rack (the used wire cutters and took the whole bike carrier with them) My neighbor's was on the back of his truck - and they cut the cable lock.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
That sucks - I'd be very reluctant to leave my bike anywhere outside in Boulder unless I wanted it to get stolen (so insurance would buy me a new one) - that place is like a candy store for bike thieves - I knew guys who would drive up from Denver just to rip off rich college kid's bikes - (before anyone states the obvious - these were aquaintances, not friends, and this was 14-15 years ago)

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
mcgowanc said:
Just an fyi - My bike as well as my neighbor's bike were stolen from our town homes last night. Mine was locked on my tulle rack (the used wire cutters and took the whole bike carrier with them) My neighbor's was on the back of his truck - and they cut the cable lock.
sorry to hear about that. my p1 was stolen july 2 in boulder. its getting ridiculous here. i think we should set up a sting in coordination with the boulder police dept. its one group of pros (2-4 guys) doing this. if i see them you can bet i will take them on myself if i have to. post a pic here of your bike because i ride around boulder alot and i may see it.

if anyone here who lives in boulder is down, we should set up our own sting, catch the fool(s), hold them down, call and wait for cops. i bet everyone's bikes are sitting in one of their houses. im serious if anyone's down for this i got the balls for it.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Damn Chelsea, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can replace it soon, it's still summer and a bad time to be without wheels.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
dream4est said:
if anyone here who lives in boulder is down, we should set up our own sting, catch the fool(s), hold them down, call and wait for cops. i bet everyone's bikes are sitting in one of their houses. im serious if anyone's down for this i got the balls for it.
i knew a kid that got his spankster stolen. that would suck, because those are sick bikes. i keep my bike safe in the garage.

i'm down for the sting thing. i don't know what i could do, i'm only fifteen, but im up for helping out. :dancing:

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
The sting sounds good. Yeah it stinks - I just wanted to let everyone know to make sure and put the bikes in a safe spot -

It's a pretty distinctive bike - there are not to many juliana with marzocchi forks on them :)

Attachments

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Renegade said:
Damn Chelsea, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can replace it soon, it's still summer and a bad time to be without wheels.
No Kidding - I really hope it doesn’t take toooo long to get the insurance stuff to go through!

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Well, this certainly encourages me to get my beater bike running before I move up there, and to go find my lock again.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
SkaredShtles said:
Bwaaaaahahahahaha. Yeah - he had several chances. "They're" would've been good. Heck, even "there" would've worked. "Their" is probably the only one that doesn't make sense.......

-S.S.-
Maybe it was supposed to be I'm washing THEIR cars, cause I'm THEIR biotch. :evil:

Bean said:
Well, this certainly encourages me to get my beater bike running before I move up there, and to go find my lock again.
Yeah! Find that garage sale Huffy and paint it in the middle of the winter w/ some rattle can paint so it runs and looks all nasty. That is the perfect town bike! :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morryjg said:
<snip>Yeah! Find that garage sale Huffy and paint it in the middle of the winter w/ some rattle can paint so it runs and looks all nasty. That is the perfect town bike! :thumb:
<sigh> If only it were that easy. I rode my wife's Huffy to the local park-n-ride years ago on a trip out of town for several days. When I came back, someone has stolen the fukkin' Huffy!! :mumble:

I had to walk home.........

-S.S.-

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Yeah - it's pretty f***ing gross - but it's only temporary while I hunt for a better one - why? you aren't a fan of the Krispy Kremes calendar girls?

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Oh man - you need to have a sense of humor, what's wrong - is it your sister or something? I knew it was offensive, but didn't mean to hurt your feelings - I'll change it right NOW (despite the fact that I am still searching for one that I actually like) since you are so adamant in your "request"

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
s1ngletrack said:
More to your liking? Or do you like blondes better?
Wow what a clever sense of humor you have :think: A fat person, what's could possibly more amusing than a fat person. Maybe one day i'll be as funny and creative as you.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Not really that funny at all - what is funny is that there is such an uproar about an avatar that was a "trial run" while I was searching for a pic I actually wanted there. I suppose that I wouldn't be getting slammed if I had put up a pic of someone considered hot by the mainstream? Lighten up guys - I'll change the pic in a minute.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
s1ngletrack said:
Not really that funny at all - what is funny is that there is such an uproar about an avatar<snip> Lighten up guys - I'll change the pic in a minute.
Talk about needing to lighten up.......

You should lurk more, newbie. :evil:

GOTCHA, suckah!! :D Boys, I dun cot me a suckah'!

-S.S.-