Quantcast

Damn!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I bought a (new) '04 IH hollowpoint RL expert 2 months ago.

I have no idea why (no drops/bad crashes/big jumps) but check out my frame

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I contacted IH and they wanted to inspect the frame, I had to strip it ship it to them (the received it on May 27th)

So I emailed them this am, got a quick response from TomB, he says he has never seen anything like that before and has shipped it to Dave Weagle for him to check out

The bad news is they have no replacement frames to ship me!! :mumble: and it will be at least 2 weeks before they get any in - DAMN!

This is prime riding/racing season and that bike was so sweet!

luckily I didnt sell my old bike, not sure how many rides that has in it before it completely falls apart

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
The bad news is they have no replacement frames to ship me!! :mumble: and it will be at least 2 weeks before they get any in - DAMN!

But...but...but...Dalton is three weeks away!

That truly sucks, man.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
That sucks doug! :( I'm sure you'll be smokin' fast at Dalton, no matter what you riding!! I would however INSIST on an immeadiate upgrade to an Azure or MKIII Team!!!! ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The latest in variable geometry bikes. The geometry changes as it gets older.

That really sucks, hopefully they can get you a new frame in time for Dalton.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
>nope, I have no idea how/why it happened.

>IH didnt specify what frame ( I'll ask IH), the RL is the XC version w/some ti parts - I race XC so I am not sure if I even would want a MKIII being it would be heavier -.

>for now, I need to do part swapping (& probably purchases) before I have a ride worth racing - (June 12 I have a race)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That would be the weakest excuse around. Last year you guys had more bikes in your pits than most bike shops. Only one bike per team being used at one time, borrow beg or steal quality bikes from your team mates.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
If I can't get a frame, I'll probably just put gears on my singlespeed. Actually that would be a pretty fast race bike, but my back won't appreciate it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
If I can't get a frame, I'll probably just put gears on my singlespeed. Actually that would be a pretty fast race bike, but my back won't appreciate it.
What kind of frame yous looking for.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Douglas. Have IH send you your frame back then use JB weld to mount a section of 2X4 to the downtube. It will stop further bending.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
What kind of fram yous looking for.
Well I was gonna get a 575. The LBS has a medium on the wall and a large that was a complete bike. My plan was to take the parts from the large and put them on the medium, then buy the large frame. But someone came along and bought the large complete bike, after I already put my Blur frame up on ebay. DOH! And Yeti doesn't have any Large 575's in ball burnished. Supposedly they will have them in 2 weeks but we all know what that means.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Well I was gonna get a 575. The LBS has a medium on the wall and a large that was a complete bike. My plan was to take the parts from the large and put them on the medium, then buy the large frame. But someone came along and bought the large complete bike, after I already put my Blur frame up on ebay. DOH! And Yeti doesn't have any Large 575's in ball burnished. Supposedly they will have them in 2 weeks but we all know what that means.

Will bike shops ship frames to each other like auto dealers do?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
They might do a swap, you know someone who has a large 575?

Unfortunately no, I was just curious. I think Trailblazers is probably the closest Yeti dealer to me. They don't exactly have a strong showing on the east coast.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Echo said:
the place i bought my racer x is also a yeti dealer. you might check them out.
mad duck
http://madducksports.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=625&Catalog=39&sort=Price

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
shoulda bought a yeti.

Seriously though... that sucks man. Did you order it locally? Can the shop give you a frame and take your replacement when it comes?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
shoulda bought a yeti.

Seriously though... that sucks man. Did you order it locally? Can the shop give you a frame and take your replacement when it comes?

I am positive I can break a yeti

but nope........bought it online

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Doug - you can ride my HP if your's doesn't arrive in time - bring your XC fork and a longer stem and you'll be good to go.

I might race on the Ted Wojcik anyway.

MMcG

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Doug - you can ride my HP if your's doesn't arrive in time - bring your XC fork and a longer stem and you'll be good to go.

I might race on the Ted Wojcik anyway.

MMcG

thanks man.......I just ordered new pedals & a new rear brake for the Kona, and for some unkown reason the shock stopped losing air..........so I might be good to go.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
thanks man.......I just ordered new pedals & a new rear brake for the Kona, and for some unkown reason the shock stopped losing air..........so I might be good to go.

Well I'm going to bring both bikes so in case you need it. It'll be there for ya. :cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
BikeGeek said:
Hey, was that battle bikes/dean connection useful at all?

Wrote to Dean last week and they replied but didn't give me much info that was of any use.

I'll just rock the v brakes on the Battle rear end. :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
update:

Doug,
Sorry about the delay, But they are on there way form the factory now. You will be getting a 2004 expert frame.

Thanks,
Tom B.
Iron horse

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
update:

Doug,
Sorry about the delay, But they are on there way form the factory now. You will be getting a 2004 expert frame.

Thanks,
Tom B.
Iron horse

That message is encouraging and yet cryptic - as they didn't give you and ETA on when the frame would arrive at your house.