Quantcast

Dane Cook...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
agreed.

i can't believe no one has mentioned Bill Hicks or David Cross yet. :twitch:
I just watched some Bill Hicks DVD's the other day.

He would have so much material to work with these days.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
If I were King everyone who voted for Rain, Cook and Hilton would get sent to a death camp. I'm sure I'd open up the selection process once I figured out who the rest of those people on the list were.
That's one massive oven...Really, the only people left would be senior citizens and hippies like SS who don't own tvs

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So I went to the show, and it was good. Was is $130/ticket good? Nope. Does he have a ridiculous boy-band-esque following? Yup. Unreal.

We even went to the meet and greet. He was almost an hour and a half late, which made me a little embarrassed to be there waiting that long, but there was beer, so it wasn't so bad...$13.50! Oh well, the train, hotel and tickets were free...makes one feel like money is a little bit less of an object at the moment...especially when thirsty.

So time went by, I got a little drunk in the process...but we met him!

The show was pretty funny. He was on for 2 hours! About half new and half old material. All told, not a bad weekend.

I took some video, but they're all too big to upload anywhere...

The bit about his war vet father watching him play Medal of Honor was pretty funny.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
You guys are retarded, Dane Cook rocks.

I've been into Dane since I first saw him on Comedy Central a few years ago. He had a 4 minute spot in one of those multi-comic shows, and he was by FAR the funniest there. I had to find out more about him.

Now, he has hit it big, bigger than any comic pretty much ever. I say go him. Yeah, it's gotten to his head a bit, but he's still funny as fvck, and puts on an AMAZING show!

As for other comics, I have a bit of an eclectic taste, but here is what is in my current list:

Andrew Dice Clay
Bill Engvall
Bill Cosby
Carlos Mencia
Chris Rock
Dane Cook
David Cross
David Sedaris
George Carlin
Jerry Seinfeld
Jim Gaffigan
John Leguizamo
Kevin James
Lewis Black
Mitch Hedburg
Patton Oswalt
Ralphie May
Richard Pryor
Robin Williams
Ron White

EDIT: Check that avatar I've been rocking for years. I took a short break when Brian Changed it to the fat girls, but I came back around

EDIT EDIT: I left out the videos

Chris Rock
Jim Breuer
The Amazing Johnathan
Eddie Murphy
Robin Williams

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Ralphie May
Bill Burr
Jim Norton
Bob Kelly
Patrice O'Neal
Jim Gaffigan
Lewis Black
Otto and George
Rich Vos
Frank Caliendo
Joe Rogan
Bob Sagat
Louis C.K.
Stephen Lynch
Tracy Morgan

There's some funny people in there. Louis C.K., Gaffigan and May are my favorites at the moment.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You guys are retarded, Dane Cook rocks.

I've been into Dane since I first saw him on Comedy Central a few years ago. He had a 4 minute spot in one of those multi-comic shows, and he was by FAR the funniest there. I had to find out more about him.

Now, he has hit it big, bigger than any comic pretty much ever. I say go him. Yeah, it's gotten to his head a bit, but he's still funny as fvck, and puts on an AMAZING show!

As for other comics, I have a bit of an eclectic taste, but here is what is in my current list:

Andrew Dice Clay
Bill Engvall
Bill Cosby
Carlos Mencia
Chris Rock
Dane Cook
David Cross
David Sedaris
George Carlin
Jerry Seinfeld
Jim Gaffigan
John Leguizamo
Kevin James
Lewis Black
Mitch Hedburg
Patton Oswalt
Ralphie May
Richard Pryor
Robin Williams
Ron White

EDIT: Check that avatar I've been rocking for years. I took a short break when Brian Changed it to the fat girls, but I came back around

EDIT EDIT: I left out the videos

Chris Rock
Jim Breuer
The Amazing Johnathan
Eddie Murphy
Robin Williams
For the most part I your list is good but Dice Clay and Leguizamo make me want to kill. Interestingly I bet if you put both of them into a small room they would cancel each other out and both cease to exist.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sorry, I watched 10 minutes of his big special in Boston. I laughed a lot.

I assume he hits too close to home for most of the people here, i.e., white east coast folk. On that note, I think Margaret Cho is kinda annoying.

I liked "disguising the crying on the phone". And the first blowjob bit.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
There was a bit he did in the live show about watching his Dad while they were playing Call of Duty. Him re-enacting his father's flashbacks was pretty hysterical