Quantcast

Danny "Hart Attack" Hart is my new fave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I like to call him "the pinball"

He actually kind of reminds me of watching Sanjay ride, just slightly faster..

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Neko is a great kid. Very determined and a competitor to the core. Great family as well. I hope I can do for my two sons what his dad has be able to do for him and Logan.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
so howd you do last week at MSA? or at Leogang? he's ranked 64th, well ahead of many seasoned pros in his first real season racing WC's.
thanks for the laugh this morning :rolleyes:
I'm willing to accept that I may be alone in this observation, and that my perception may be far from reality. I have no doubts that he works hard and is driven beyond my comprehension. I'm sure many of you here know him personally, and I guess for a teenager on the brink of high-level success in sport he's probably exhibiting natural traits. This is a small, closely-knit community, and I'm likely commenting far beyond my area of expertise.

I hope for his continued success; watching him tear up the track in person at Highland was very cool indeed.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Perfect comp. I'm still amazed at about 90% of the isht that Sanjay pulled off. Riding with him was putting you life in God's hands hoping that you didn't follow him off some 'only Sanjay can survive this' drop.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Where can you get a life size cardboard cut out of this kid standing with his bike for the local bike shop? Preferably with a cigarette hangin from his mouth. Would a local print shop be able to pull this off?

jk bout the cig, but a full sized print is what this shop needs! kids fun to watch!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
so howd you do last week at MSA? or at Leogang? he's ranked 64th, well ahead of many seasoned pros in his first real season racing WC's.
He's ranked 35th. He did really well at MSA, that's his second time on that course. I think that makes a difference.

He only raced MSA last year (i think) and he forced himself out onto the Champery track (prob because he knew the experience would pay-off at Worlds this year).

I think he has alot of upside and will evlove....kind of like a how Gee has evolved. Maybe not quite to that level though.....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sanjay boosting the huge double at Sea Otter way back on the coaster brake POS.

Classic.
Then there was the collegiate race at SLO when his rear rotor rattled loose and he had no brakes for the last 3/4 of the course. I was filming after my run and there was a section with a drop with a 12" wide landing into a g-out. He landed totally flat with his tire maybe, MAYBE, .5" on the trail. Somehow instead of a) crashing into the g-out or b) careening down the gulley because he missed the trail, he stuck it and aired out of the g-out. God only knows how he pulled that one off.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

Ah. hahh! I remember when I was helping him get sponsors. We talked and you said "You know...he has a tendency to ride with his stuff clapped out, almost intentionally. Not sure if that's the image we want." :rofl:

To E13's credit...you guys took care of him anyway.:thumb:

Sanjay boosting the huge double at Sea Otter way back on the coaster brake POS.

Classic.

Well since we're reflecting on Sanjayness here's mine:

Just got into DH and Bigbear was the place to be. Orven used to drag me around that place and document all my hucks gone wrong...:rofl:
So were at the top of the hill and theres some dude with a zip tied skate lid, leopard print skater knee pads and a hard tail with NO chain!
So i'm kinda WTF is the deal with this dreadlocked insane person.
We proceed to drop in and i swear after 20 seconds he was so far gone that the dust had settled .....
Made me rethink my use of brakes.

Anybody know what happen to him?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well since we're reflecting on Sanjayness here's mine:

Just got into DH and Bigbear was the place to be. Orven used to drag me around that place and document all my hucks gone wrong...:rofl:
So were at the top of the hill and theres some dude with a zip tied skate lid, leopard print skater knee pads and a hard tail with NO chain!
So i'm kinda WTF is the deal with this dreadlocked insane person.
We proceed to drop in and i swear after 20 seconds he was so far gone that the dust had settled .....
Made me rethink my use of brakes.

Anybody know what happen to him?
Oh god, like when he won expert DH at Big Bear on his HT? There were so many shocked/pissed off racers in that category. How did this kid on a super clapped HT just take down the entire matching kit Turner/Intense riding SoCal click?

SCARY

Not long enough
Yeah,I was there that weekend.You had to look at him like a freak.Bob Marley in a 78'ripped Honda jersey.I had to start bowing and averting my eyes at subsequent races.He was very demoralizing and inspiring at the same time.
Isn't he an architect or something now?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Ah. hahh! I remember when I was helping him get sponsors. We talked and you said "You know...he has a tendency to ride with his stuff clapped out, almost intentionally. Not sure if that's the image we want." :rofl:

To E13's credit...you guys took care of him anyway.:thumb:
Yeah he came and stayed at my house with Firth for a week and it was a done deal. Miss seeing Sanjay around! Once you get to know him he's someone you just want to support. Great guy, and a talented rider for sure.

Last edited: