Quantcast

Dark Mountain Race pics thread

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i only snagged a handful of pics but here are the better ones.

post 'em if you got 'em

styles making a seriously unnerving facial expression on the wall-berm thingy

brady (hcor) over the a-frame kicker thing

weird angle of bizutch on the wall berm thingy

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
First off.....a few DH Lifestyle shots.

The pit area. Choppers rule.

Shootin' the breeze...

Tellin' tales....

On-the-fly bikeshop. "Where did that brake pad go?"

motomike hanging out:

Manimal

Pre-race meeting

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
More random crap before I get to the e-action.

Giant tent with some goodies to ride.

The pre-race meeting really didn't grab Connor's attention...He was ready to ride!!!

Lots of bikes....all kinds of bikes.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Last ones for now. Got a few more I'm gonna play with to try and get something usable.

Checking results....

I'm packed up and ready to go home.....tired.

One last look before I go.....

think1up

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
Most of these were taken at the A frame jump at the bottom after my second run. I have a few more to post. If you want a high-res of any of these, just pm me.

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc
Hey Tammy where could I find more of your pic's? I spoke with you at the rock garden about how people dont like the flash etc. If you have ant of me Im willing buy some . #48 Thanks Mike Fitz

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Mike Fitz said:
Hey Tammy where could I find more of your pic's? I spoke with you at the rock garden about how people dont like the flash etc. If you have ant of me Im willing buy some . #48 Thanks Mike Fitz
Hey Mike - We're hoping to get the gallery up by this evening, so all the pictures will be there. I know I got at least one of you, but I believe I got you on both runs.

BTW, most folks aren't bothered by the flash - but there are occasions where it's a difficult choice for me when I want to get a good photo of a rider and need the flash to do that, but don't want to blind him/her in a techy section (especially when they're going into a dark stretch of trail from a brighter section). Overall though, I think most folks are looking more at the trail in front of them than a photographer on the sidelines, even with a flash, and I do try to not shine the light directly into their faces if I can possibly avoid it. ;)

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
profro said:
Flashes are not a problem
Thanks Profro! (I've really only had one guy actually say the flash bothered him and that was a few years ago). For me personally, I LOVE seeing a flash when I'm racing cuz that usually means not only did somebody get a picture of me (yeah, I'm a ham), but also probably a good bright one. ;)

t

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Thx for the pic think1up.
As far as flashes, I feed off of them. :)

And Greyhound, I did not know that was you until the end of the day yesterday at the awards. Either you look different, or all that racing in the heat went to my head.
Last night at dinner, I had to grab a railing because I was seeing stars. :eek:

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Nice photos!!!! For once I got good photos of myself racing (the curse of the photographer). Would anyone be willing to let me use their photos on hcor (you will get full photo credit and a link if you have a site that sells photos, i.e. free advertising :) ), I'm doing a writeup on the front page. Thanks! Brady

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Taz said:
BUHAHAHAHHA!!!!

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha!
Best picture I have ever seen posted online.
Find the dildo.

And Steve, if that pic is from my first race run, then I saw a tree, followed by a leisurely jog through the woods. Thank God for 2nd race runs.
You have a habit of taking "possessed" looking pics of me.
Thanks though, I will add it to my demon file. :devil:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Jeremy R said:
Look at the delivery guy on the right on the truck.
He has one of those red dong shaped grip stickers that teenagers and people like Butch make jokes with.
oh ok, now that's funny right there! I was trying desperately to make something out of the words on the truck that the guy was standing in front of. I have a headache. :sneaky:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Taz said:
Nice photos!!!! For once I got good photos of myself racing (the curse of the photographer). Would anyone be willing to let me use their photos on hcor (you will get full photo credit and a link if you have a site that sells photos, i.e. free advertising :) ), I'm doing a writeup on the front page. Thanks! Brady

feel free to use and abuse any of mine. i'm sure you'll have to color correct in photoshop though as i was too busy to bother w/ it

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
awesome photos of me!!! Thanks so much....too bad I'm so out of shape that I was sitting down or not peddling on both runs....my second run sucked worse than my first if that were even humanly possible. Running that small bike had an after effect I would never have expected...my legs were TRASHED after the first straight...couldn't generate power for anything. Plus Tammy got to see my SHORTS GET PULLED DOWN by my bike on the 2nd run...pure shame... :thumb:

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Jeremy R said:
And Steve, if that pic is from my first race run, then I saw a tree, followed by a leisurely jog through the woods. Thank God for 2nd race runs.
You have a habit of taking "possessed" looking pics of me.
Thanks though, I will add it to my demon file. :devil:

:D :D That IS your second run! LOL!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
nice camera angle...makes me look like a hobbit compared to the rocks.

how to trials a rock section in a race run - Class 101:

Technique lesson - Eyes Forward...chin up! - Class 103:

Advanced Learning - Manuals to avoid derailleur damage - Class 410:

Masters Tutoring - Manual to Berm Turn Front wheel hopping - Class 505:

Black ARTS TRAINING!! - Stealth Ninja blackout rear wheel assault - Class 666:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
This might be my favorite of the bunch...

Check out the front tire and fork! :eek:

whoah... check the no front brake action. That is tight James!