Quantcast

<<< Day three of week whatever >>>

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Wow, the folks you meet sometimes. I usually play golf solo, but I got paired with a local guy and we hit it off. He is Latino from southern California and grew up running with gangs much like many of my friends growing up. What's crazy is he was raised Republican and up until a couple years ago was the head of the Oregon Republican group. :rofl:

Politics are a funny subject because his political stance is 180 degrees from his heritage. He supports illegals that come here because he knows how hard they work, but he also supports legislation against them. He also said hi and chatted up (in Spanish) with the greenskeepers.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've had Covid 3x so far, each time easier than the last.

I shall not be buying an RS6. :fancy:
E63? :brows:
Might I request a min 43" rear width, so you can haul Haley's kart when push comes to "Dad's fucked" and she needs help from someone that knows how to use a wrench?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sorry to hear that @johnbryanpeters - hang in there

@Nick, methinks it's a taycan cross turismo if you won't do the rs6 avant or e63...

could one of you new england monkeys please make the forecast for western mass (lookin at you, @schwaaa31 and @TrumbullHucker and @Inclag) hold for not raining on thursday and friday so that i can hit thunder on saturday on my way up to maine without it being a sloppy mess? plz n thx. if it's nice, c'mon out!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Meeting with the outgoing VFW Quartermaster to put me on the checking account and possibly do some training, but I have a feeling there isn't any. I'll just be handed the books and the bills and make it work. Should be interesting.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just did all the measurements and the new kart will fit into the Audi. I have to pull the wheels, side pods, and rear bumper, but those are easy to remove and reinstall. The box will need to go back onto the car for lighter stuff like the pop-up, chairs, racing gear (sans helmet), food, etc. I will need to get my tools back down into one tool bag and use the hatch as a work bench, but I can get it all to fit and be useable. Haley's going to have to get stronger around loading and unloading though, since I won't be able to roll it in and out of the car anymore. But it takes renting/borrowing trailers out of the equation and means we won't need to use Wifey's car anymore.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I just did all the measurements and the new kart will fit into the Audi. I have to pull the wheels, side pods, and rear bumper, but those are easy to remove and reinstall. The box will need to go back onto the car for lighter stuff like the pop-up, chairs, racing gear (sans helmet), food, etc. I will need to get my tools back down into one tool bag and use the hatch as a work bench, but I can get it all to fit and be useable. Haley's going to have to get stronger around loading and unloading though, since I won't be able to roll it in and out of the car anymore. But it takes renting/borrowing trailers out of the equation and means we won't need to use Wifey's car anymore.
Why don’t you just do what most of your clients would have done before meeting you? Make a horrendously irresponsible financial decision, get a Sprinter with a 10 year note on it, and travel with Haley around the Grom-circuit?
It would show her how much you love you, and that’s priceless!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
sorry to hear that @johnbryanpeters - hang in there

@Nick, methinks it's a taycan cross turismo if you won't do the rs6 avant or e63...

could one of you new england monkeys please make the forecast for western mass (lookin at you, @schwaaa31 and @TrumbullHucker and @Inclag) hold for not raining on thursday and friday so that i can hit thunder on saturday on my way up to maine without it being a sloppy mess? plz n thx. if it's nice, c'mon out!
Maybe.... keeping an eye on the forecast. I'm ok with rain riding, but not lift shutdowns. Will keep you posted.