Quantcast

Daylight savings is over, mid week evening rides are back!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Who's got a regularly scheduled afternoon/evening, midweek ride? Preferably somewhere south of Poway. I'm thinking sycamore canyon/marthas grove if it's even in good enough shape to ride, TWP, some of the canyons in the UTC area (although I've never ridden this area, they may prove to be too pedally for my liking, but I'll give them a shot at least once.) I know I can always ride Anderson Wednesday afternoon or any given Saturday, but after ridding Anderson exclusively for about the last year I'm kind of wanting to see what else is out there.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I have a fairly consistent midweek schedule. Usually t-th I can ride early am. Mon & Fri I'm out of work by 3pm. (sorry if you read this before I edited it, I got my work days mixed up).

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
ncrider said:
I have a fairly consistent midweek schedule. Usually t-th I can ride early am. Mon & Fri I'm out of work by 3pm. (sorry if you read this before I edited it, I got my work days mixed up).
I can get off work as early as 2:30, I work in the far south east end of kearny mesa, let me know where and about what time you're riding and I might be able to join you.

lovebunny said:
im up for riding anytime after 2:45. but i only have my permit sooo.
Do you have to drive to ride? I got in two years of riding in college without a car, you just have to pedal a little more than guys with an automobile to get to the ride spots.

merrrrjig said:
Sweet one more hour of daylight!
So are you planning on using that hour of daylight to ride? Where and when do you ride, unless you really don't want me riding with you.

BMXman said:
time to hit the trails after work....
Which trails would those be? What time?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I guess it's not fair to mooch off of everybody else and not invite you all to my regular ride. Well as often as I make it anyway. We have a wednesday ride at ATT. I haven't ridden with the group for quite a while but we used to meet under the bridge on peutz valley rd at about 2:30 and left around 3:00. We'd usually get to the top of the singletrack sometime between 5:00 and 6:00 and occasionally meet a couple of the local kids who shuttle. We'd end the ride just as the sun sets over El Capitan. All are welcome, you just have to keep up with the crazy guy on a Huffy 5 Spot.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Kornphlake said:
I can get off work as early as 2:30, I work in the far south east end of kearny mesa, let me know where and about what time you're riding and I might be able to join you.
Currently I work in lovely snobville La Jolla. I can watch the waves and seals at the cove from my office. That will soon be a memory though, as we are moving to Sorrento Valley. The positive is that morning and or evening rides at TWP will become standard.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Kornphlake said:

Do you have to drive to ride? I got in two years of riding in college without a car, you just have to pedal a little more than guys with an automobile to get to the ride spots.

So are you planning on using that hour of daylight to ride? Where and when do you ride, unless you really don't want me riding with you.

Which trails would those be? What time?
no dh riding distance away, i live in clairemont. you work in kearny? we should ride :thumb:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Aquaholic said:
You coming out to play this afternoon? Or are you going to stay in and watch the Pope funeral?
I should have stayed home and watched the pope's funeral... I spent most of the day sitting in traffic trying to get to and from the los angeles convention center. I'm planning on ridding next week though :thumb:

lovebunny said:
no dh riding distance away, i live in clairemont. you work in kearny? we should ride
I can't believe there's nothing even remotely downhill within riding distance of clairemont, nothing in tecolote canyon? I guess I'm just as happy riding trails that have some techy downhill sections as I am riding full on downhill. I've got a roof rack and can fit one bike in the trunk of my saturn with the back seat folded down and one wheel removed from the bike. If you want to go ride some afternoon let me know and I'll bring my bike with me to work and we can head out from your place.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I'm on the southeast end of kearney mesa on Ruffin Rd just off Aero Dr. The place is called Deep Sea Power & Light, we used to be located over in your neighborhood right across the way from NightRider. I've never been in your store actually, if I need to stop at a performance shop for some reason I go to the one in La Mesa. Maybe I'll stop by and say hello sometime. Are there any afternoon/evening rides out of the shop?

snipes287

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
not out of my shop but our head mechanic ernesto is good freinds with the guys at adams ave bikes, and they have a ss mtb ride every wed and a ss/fixed road ride every wed night its a fun ride and every week gets bigger and bigger. although SS is ideal they also have a geared group that goes out on wed as well. they usually meet at the adams shop at around six.

Granted its all cross country though

hmmm...that reminds me, I need to stop in over there at NR and get my darn lite fixed :rolleyes:

cfk

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Boulder, CO
ncrider said:
Currently I work in lovely snobville La Jolla. I can watch the waves and seals at the cove from my office. That will soon be a memory though, as we are moving to Sorrento Valley. The positive is that morning and or evening rides at TWP will become standard.
Dude,

When are you moving? does this mean a change in jobs as well or is your office moving?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
oh if anybody wants to join me tomorrow evening around 5:30pm at TWP let me know. I think getting in about three ride/hikes in before dark is pretty possible. Anything beats friday traffic!