Quantcast

Daytona Supercross

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
For all the moto fans out there, the Daytona Supercross will be on tonight...6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. (PST) on the Speed Channel.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
9:30 for us on the east coast....a couple of us are going mountainbiking tonight then headed to my house to watch...then dirtbiking Sunday....a couple of my friends sons are trying to make it in...another fine weekend.....

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Damn, I always forget daytona is fridays and always miss it on speed-hope my tivo pulls through.
Since Bailey was arrested and not building the daytona track for the first time in 20 years, hopefully the track will still be the real deal. Thanks for the reminder.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
stiksandstones said:
Damn, I always forget daytona is fridays and always miss it on speed-hope my tivo pulls through.
Since Bailey was arrested and not building the daytona track for the first time in 20 years, hopefully the track will still be the real deal. Thanks for the reminder.
Here's the article on Gary Bailey; apparently he's a pervert. I hope the track will live up to its expectations.

Gary Bailey, the man who has built the Daytona Supercross track since 1971 and an AMA Hall of Famer, was arrested in Florida this week after being charged with exposing himself to customers, including a child, at a Wendy's restaurant in Ormond Beach, Florida, according to a report in the Daytona Beach News Journal today.

According to police reports, Bailey, 62, was sitting at a booth just before 8 p.m. on February 10 attempting to make eye contact with a 71-year-old female customer who was dining with her husband. She later saw him masturbating with his shorts unzipped after moving from her seat as she was leaving the restaurant, the report says.

The Holly Hill woman confronted Bailey about his actions and had the restaurant manager contact police. Bailey then left the scene and was later stopped by police and arrested.

He has been charged with a misdemeanor for lewd and lascivious conduct, and a felony for lewd and lascivious conduct in the presence of a five-year old. Bailey posted $10,000 bail and was released on Sunday, according to an officer at the Volusia County Branch Jail.

According to sources, Bailey will not be building this year's Daytona Supercross track.

Racer X Illustrated's website reported talking to Bailey who told them: "It was false allegations by a lady. What it looks like it is - what it says it is - it's not. It's not that," he said, adding that things would be resolved in due time. He had been advised by his lawyer not to make further statements over what he referred to as "a nightmare."

Sep 10, 2001
On Racerxill.com there are some early pics of the track... I think the track will live up to Daytona standards....

Brian

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
stiksandstones said:
Stik,
What happened to Bailey??

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
bizutch said:
wow...I've always thought Daytona was the turd of the Supercross circuit...wide open single file racing through knee deep sand and blown out, unrepairable jumps?
Well then, you are like a honkey at a Chitlin cookoff,
....in the minority.
Daytona rules all.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Daytona tonight? I'll have to head over to my brother's house to check it out.
It'll be a great race for sure. I bet Stewart will fall in the first turn, Carmichael will pull a huge lead, and Stewart will spend the whole race blowing past the other 39 riders! probably a couple times since he'll likely ride over his head and fall again. It will be close at the finish.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
bizutch said:
wow...I've always thought Daytona was the turd of the Supercross circuit...wide open single file racing through knee deep sand and blown out, unrepairable jumps?
:stupid:

dont forget TP will be in there too...his lap times arnt to bad in practice right now.......

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
TWISTED said:
Daytona tonight? I'll have to head over to my brother's house to check it out.
It'll be a great race for sure. I bet Stewart will fall in the first turn, Carmichael will pull a huge lead, and Stewart will spend the whole race blowing past the other 39 riders! probably a couple times since he'll likely ride over his head and fall again. It will be close at the finish.
Bubba is an amazing rider who doesn't deal well yet with competition of his caliber. He'll mature and eventually dominate but he was god aweful in MX last year riding over his head. Anyone see the race he landed on top of RC? Amazing what these guys survive and RC isn't a big guy either.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Moto related news...Ernesto update.

March 10, 2006
Ernesto Fonseca update
- press release -

Torrance, CA: On Thursday, March 9, Team Honda factory motocross racer Ernesto Fonseca underwent surgery to stabilize his spinal column. Due to the progress Fonseca has already made since his accident on March 7, doctors were able to operate much sooner than expected. The surgery took six hours, and was described as successful by his doctors. His doctors also noted that Ernie¹s tremendous physical condition, mental strength and positive outlook bode well for his recovery. Fonseca currently has movement in his arms, and his doctors are already planning his rehabilitation, which may take some time due to the bruising to his spinal column.

Fonseca was injured while practicing on his private track on March 7, 2006. The Costa Rica-born rider suffered a fracture to the C-7 vertebra and bruising to his spine.

Everyone at American Honda and all of Ernie¹s teammates are deeply affected by what happened, and our hearts and best wishes go out to Ernie, his wife Carolina and his family. Ernie has been a part of the Honda family for five years now, and during that time we¹ve gained tremendous respect for his talent, his good nature and his determination. Like all top racers, Ernie knows how to fight and he never gives up, and it is this spirit and will to overcome challenges that will see Ernie through this difficult time.

We will continue to provide updates on Ernie¹s condition as information becomes available.

Those wishing to send cards and letters in support of Ernie can mail them to:

Next Level Sports Management
28202 Cabot Road,
Suite 300
Laguna Nigel, CA 92677

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Bubba = Raggety Andy
That dude has got to be made out of rubber.
The only person with the speed to challenge Ricky keeps huckle bucking himself out of races.:mumble:
I want to see some showdowns.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Jeremy R said:
Bubba = Raggety Andy
That dude has got to be made out of rubber.
The only person with the speed to challenge Ricky keeps huckle bucking himself out of races.:mumble:
I want to see some showdowns.
Bubba's crash was insane; I can't believe he continued on. About the time I was starting to think that Bubba was going to run away with it, he went down. I was pretty impressed that he worked his way into 7th, but you know it had to hurt for him to get lapped by RC...

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
blt2ride said:
Bubba's crash was insane; I can't believe he continued on. About the time I was starting to think that Bubba was going to run away with it, he went down. I was pretty impressed that he worked his way into 7th, but you know it had to hurt for him to get lapped by RC...
yah, i thought the same thing...finally putting it together from start to finish, yada yada....CRASH - BOOM! i serously thought he snapped his back or neck or something...that was harsh!!!

but did u see him wobble getting back to his bike!?!? he probably was really pissed cause he probably saw 3 or 4 RC's passing him when he got lapped ;)

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
DylanDeanDesign said:
yah, i thought the same thing...finally putting it together from start to finish, yada yada....CRASH - BOOM! i serously thought he snapped his back or neck or something...that was harsh!!!

but did u see him wobble getting back to his bike!?!? he probably was really pissed cause he probably saw 3 or 4 RC's passing him when he got lapped ;)
Travis' crash was pretty brutal, too. He also wobbled when he tried to pick up his bike. I was impressed that he went on to race the semi, but I didn&#8217;t expect him to race the main. That whoop section was gnarly! It was scary to watch&#8230;

As for Reed, I can&#8217;t believe he was racing with a separated shoulder, and he finished 2nd!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
motomike said:
Travis once again impressed me.
Travis looked really good in his first heat; he was flying through the whoops. It's too bad he had that nasty crash...he was pushing a little too hard.

Apparently, the AMA wasn’t too happy with his backflip attempt over the finish line jump. They gave him a very firm warning: if he did that again, they would take his license away. You have to admire Travis; he always gives the fans what they want!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Travis is crazy. Plain and simple. That was a supercross jump, not a jump meant for backflips. No idea how he thought he could actually pull it off - he was damn close though.

New AMA rule in 2007: No inverted celebration maneouvers.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
go Travis... how can you not like a kid like that...always a blast to watch ... you wonder if Bubba is going to take that route you can only crash so many times ..lets hope not if Bubbas not there it is going to be RC way up in front...again.